GoldMine Premium Edition sees it’s fifth patch, version 8.5.1 (aka 220.127.116.11)
This is the fifth patch since the initial release of GoldMine Premium Edition (8.0) and the second one in the 8.5 line. Let’s face it: the original 8.5.0 patch was a bit of a bust in that it fixed lots of things but unfortunately brought with it a couple of major issues surrounding e-mail.
Now in it’s third week of release, the 8.5.1 patch seems to be much more stable. It provides a nice list of fixes and improvements that make GoldMine Premium Edition 8.5 a compelling choice for users still living with GoldMine 4/5/6/7.
From the Release notes included with 8.5.1:
WHAT’S NEW IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 8.5.1
Note: GoldMine Premium Edition 8.5.1 also provides the enhancements included with GoldMine Premium Edition 8.5.0, listed below.
GoldMine now supports Windows Vista SP2.
GoldMine now supports Windows 2008 SP2.
GoldMine now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP1.
GoldMine now supports Microsoft Office 2007 SP2.
GoldMine now supports Windows Internet Explorer 8.
WHAT’S NEW IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 8.5.0
GoldMine now supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2008.
GoldMine now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
GoldMine now supports the 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003.
Universal Search provides a single search box from which you can find contacts, notes, activities, e-mail messages, documents, and other items in GoldMine. This new feature is located at Go To > Search > Universal Search.
GoldMine Integration Services for Microsoft Outlook (GISMO) is now included in the GoldMine installer, no longer requiring a separate installation.
Cross-field validation enables an F2 lookup list to change based on the value in another field. For example, you can enter a value for the Title field that is only valid for a specific Department. To enable this option, click the Setup button in the Field Lookup (F2) screen and select “Lookup list depends on another field”. Check the “Force valid input” box to enforce the validation.
A Preview Pane is available in the tabs within a contact record, providing a faster view into activities, e-mails, details, and linked documents.
Unattended installation enables GoldMine to be installed or upgraded without end-user intervention. To enable this option, check the box labeled “Create configuration file for unattended installation” when installing GoldMine on an end-user’s computer. Then place the gmsetup.exe, gm_is.ini, and gmsetup_si.bat files into the same directory on another end-user’s computer, and execute the gmsetup_si.bat file to install GoldMine.
In addition, future workstation upgrades can be setup to install automatically. After installing GoldMine on a server and creating the files listed above, go to Tools -> Configure -> System Settings -> Upgrade and enter the paths for the files. This automatic upgrade process will take effect in releases after GoldMine Premium Edition 8.5.0.
As a result of the changes described above, the Minimal Setup and option was removed from the GoldMine installer and the Install Locally option was removed from the License Manager.
The E-mail Center and Opportunity/Project Manager user interfaces have been redesigned for better usability.
Secure SSL connections now are supported in the E-mail Center. To configure an SSL connection, go to Tools > Options > E-mail.
The IMAP protocol now is supported in the E-mail Center, providing more security and better interoperability with other e-mail clients. To configure an IMAP e-mail account, go to Tools > Options > E-mail.
A new System Settings screen is available for administrators to establish global system settings for search performance tuning and other items.
Unicode database support enables multiple languages to be stored within a single GoldMine database. This option is available when installing, upgrading, or rehosting GoldMine. Note: selecting this option will significantly increase the size of the database.
New user settings are available for administrators to permit a user to Insert notes, Edit/delete own notes, and Edit/delete others’ notes. These permissions can be set by clicking on Tools > Users’ Settings > Properties > Access.
A new user setting is available to grant permission for end users to customize their toolbars. To prevent end users from customizing their toolbars, go to Tools > Users’ Settings > Properties > Access and uncheck “Customize toolbar”.
The GoldMine Lookup Wizard now enables users to look up contacts matching multiple fields within Details. To use this feature, click on Tools > Filters and Groups > SQL Query > Build… to launch the wizard, and then select “Contact Information” and “Contacts containing the following Details tab information”.
A new Pending RSVP folder is available in the Activity List, displaying the pending activities for which the user has requested notification via RSVP.
Additional configuration options are available in the Service Center. Category, Offering, and Origin now are optional columns to be displayed in the case list view. Case field labels also can be modified by users with master rights.
A single case can be associated with multiple contacts, using the new Contacts tab displayed in the case view. With this feature, activities and e-mail messages associated with multiple contacts also can be linked to the same case.
When a case is reassigned, escalated, abandoned, or resolved, there now is a History entry that indicates what occurred. This history is viewable from the case or from the primary contact for the case.
GoldMine includes new tools for managing relationships between records in your database. To set up relationships between records that already are in your database, use the new relationship tree builder at Tools > Data Management > Create Default Relationship Trees. To add relationships as new records are created, check the “Relate To” box when adding a new record. The section name used when creating a new record can also be set by record type (Tools > Configure > Record Types, select a record type, click Edit, and enter a Relationship Tree Section Name).
The updated column chooser in the Contact Search Center now includes the ability to display the contact’s e-mail address and web site as columns in the Search Center and Contact List views.
Users now can run a single search for primary and additional contacts within the Contact Search Center. To use this option, select Search by: Contact (primary or additional).
Individual activities can be printed or copied to other applications. To print or copy an activity, right-click on the activity and select Output To.
The Field Properties screen has been redesigned to simplify the process of changing global field labels. To access the previous settings, including the ability to define a local label specific to a contact set, click the More Options button on the Profile tab of Field Properties.
The user interface for scheduling an activity with multiple contacts has been redesigned to be easier to use and more powerful. To add multiple contacts to an activity, click on the search icon next to the contact field on the Activity Detail tab. By default, the activity will be set at the same time for all contacts. To make the activities occur in a series, select the Series tab and choose “Schedule a series of activities with different times for different contacts”.
Activities now can be scheduled based on a maximum number of activities per day, or based on fixed activity duration. In addition, a “wrap up time after each activity” can be used to provide a delay between the completion of one activity and the beginning of the next activity.
WHAT’S ENHANCED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 8.5.0
Keyboard navigation has been enhanced to provide better access to core product features without using the mouse.
Synchronization and database rehosting performance has been enhanced, especially when using the Firebird database.
The 2 GB size limit has been removed for synchronization transfer sets and installation files for one-button synchronization.
Concurrent GoldSync connections are queued to improve reliability. As users connect to a GoldSync server, they automatically are placed in a queue, up to the number of users established in the Number of Connections screen within GoldSync configuration. If simultaneous processing of concurrent connections is required instead of queuing, please contact your Solutions Partner or FrontRange Support Services for recommendations and instructions.
E-mail messages sent when viewing a case are automatically linked to the case. While viewing a case in the service center, click on Actions > Send E-mail Message in the top menu bar.
The Linked Document Mover has been enhanced with the ability to restrict the locations from which documents will be moved. This feature is available at Tools > Data Management > Move Linked Docs and Attachments.
The Details tab now provides 12 customizable fields for each type of Detail. Previous versions of GoldMine provided 8 customizable fields for Details.
The import and export wizards now have simplified support for comma-separated (CSV) files. To import a CSV file, click on File > Import and Export > Import Contact Records.
Automated Processes can create cases, using the Create Case action in Event Properties. To create or edit a process, click on Tools > Automated Processes > Manage Processes.
For consistent terminology, the Tracks tab has been renamed to Processes.
The sort order of records displayed in the Contact List and Contact Search Center can be synchronized to allow users to scroll through records in the same order as they are displayed in the Contact Search Center. To enable this option, right-click on the results in the Contact Search Center and select “Set Record Scroll Order”.
The Contact Search Center supports the percent symbol (%) as a ‘wildcard’ for matching partial names of contacts or companies.
Macros can be added to custom toolbars. To use macros, first add the macro buttons (Record, Edit, Stop, and Pause) to the standard toolbar by clicking on the down-arrow button at the right end of the toolbar, and clicking on each button. Click the Edit button to view existing macros and drag-and-drop them to a custom toolbar.
Notes are now stored in a dedicated NOTES table for better reporting, auditing, and data synchronization. Previous versions of GoldMine combined all notes for a contact in a single field.
Because of this new structure for Notes, GoldMine does not support Global Replace on notes or filters based on notes. However, Universal Search provides similar functionality, as it enables the user to search within notes and then use the list of matching contacts as an active filter. To do this, check the Advanced box in Universal Search and select Notes as the only item within “Find these items”. Enter the search term and click Go. Check the box in the Tag column in the first row of the search results. Scroll to the bottom of the search results and shift-click the Tag column in the last row. This will activate a contact list of all the contacts with notes that include the search term.
A cancel button has been added to the toolbar that appears when editing notes for a contact record. To cancel the entry of a note, click the red X that appears in the Notes tab.
The Tasks folder of the Activity List now shows the related opportunity, project or case and enables the user to navigate directly to it, by clicking on the link shown in the Regarding column.
The Fax field in the Additional Contact record can be relabeled for use as a Mobile number or for storing other data. To change the label of this field, include the following entry in the [GoldMine] section of the gm.ini configuration file: AddContactFaxLabel=[yourlabel]
Users can now cut, copy, and paste field data with a right-click on the field. In previous versions of GoldMine, right-clicking on a selected field would display the lookup list for the field. To display the lookup list, press F2 or the Application Key (on most keyboards, this is a button with a picture of a drop-down menu). In addition, the auto-complete feature is activated when a user begins typing data into a field, as an alternative to opening the lookup list window.
The E-mail Center now supports integrated Windows authentication using NTLM. With this feature, e-mail access can be set up without entering or updating the password in GoldMine. To configure this option, go to Tools > Options > E-Mail.
E-mail Center performance can be configured with the following settings:
1. (New) When messages are deleted in the E-mail Center, they are not immediately deleted from the server until the connection is closed. This behavior provides the fastest performance but can cause deleted messages to reappear as duplicates in some scenarios. If this problem appears, the following [UserName].INI setting can be used:
PopImmediateDelete=1 (closes server connection after each message is deleted)
The default value for this setting is 0, which keeps the connection open after deleting a message.
2. (New) GoldMine automatically sends periodic messages (“no-ops”) to the e-mail server to keep the connection open for fast response time. By default these messages occur every 10 seconds. Some e-mail servers require more frequent messages to maintain the connection. To change the frequency of these messages, use the following [UserName].INI setting:
PopNoopTimer=nnnn (where nnnn is the number of seconds between messages)
3. GoldMine automatically disconnects from the e-mail server if it has no related activity for 10 minutes, by default. This is useful, for example, when using both the Online and Auto-retrieve options with an e-mail server that permits only one connection. To change the time delay before automatically disconnecting, use the following [UserName].INI setting:
PopIdle= nnnn (where nnnn is the number of minutes until disconnect)
WHAT’S FIXED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 8.5.1
Note: GoldMine Premium Edition 8.5.1 also provides the fixes included with GoldMine Premium Edition 8.5.0, listed below.
- Contact Search Center appears to hang when search term is configured to ‘popup when selected’ and focus is reset to search center multiple times
- When typing the @ sign for an email address on a Danish keyboard, the focus shifts to the search box
- When executing an automated process that updates Key1, focus is changed to another contact record
- Activities in history are displayed in the incorrect order after sorting by date
- E-mails without unique message IDs are not downloaded
- Activity scheduled for multiple contacts and multiple users is repeated once per user
- There is no feedback to the end user when using ‘get selected message’ for a message that is already in the inbox
- Sorting on Forecast column in opportunity manager is by characters, not on their numerical value
- Cannot uncheck ‘Link to selected Contact:’ when editing previously scheduled activity
- Page style and column schemes are not available for My GoldMine
- Upgrade to 8.5.0 leaves CONTSUPP.CONTACT NOT NULL
- Opportunity Manager focuses on oldest entry when selecting History tab
- Adding an automated process that updates a field causes the contact tab to change positions
- Previews of Office 2007 documents open in a separate window unless registry change is applied
- GM7S32.dll call GMW_NewRecID returns a corrupted version of the parameterized LPSTR
- Unattended installer does not remove registry key ‘GMInProgress’ after installation
- Performance issues when opening GoldMine due to usage of COALESCE function in SQL query
- After dragging an e-mail to another folder, focus is on the oldest message rather than next message
- Toolbar and menu bar customizations are not retained when menu access settings are changed for user
- Activating a Group of 1000 or more records takes over a minute
- Using the Edit dialog to change stage field on opportunities with multiple forecasts results in overall and first forecasted sale being set to zero
- Curtaining of records causes GoldMine to use maximum CPU when non-master user views calendar
- Activity on curtained record for non-master user does not appear on calendar
- Record counter is not properly updated after opening a record in contact search center that is outside the active filter
- Taskbar is duplicated if additional Global items exist before upgrade
- Unable to export Knowledge Base topic pages
- E-mail Addresses window opens with default action to create a new e-mail address
- Case template truncates Subject at 20 characters
- Automated Process cloning causes crash
- Daily – Day Timer (detailed) and Daily Appointment List Reports display HTML tags in notes
- Server location is requested twice for the ‘connect to existing database’ installation option
- Unexpected sorting for activities in history tab
- Certain e-mail signatures can cause e-mail body to become empty after download
- Contact List view is not limited via the Tag All feature in the Contact Search Center
- Incorrect ‘POST’ method used for web import templates
- All data packed into transfer set does not retrieve on remote
- Change in stage will insert the Forecast value of the Opportunity into the duration field of the created history item
- Incorrect behavior of macros on Vista
- Slow response time for first menu action after login on Windows 2008
- Preview Pane opens Microsoft Word and Excel documents in separate window
- AllUsersForFilteredRecs sync setting is not respected
- GoldMine sync process will “stall” at random when a site displays a message of “please wait” in the process monitor window.
- While synchronizing more than one site, the message “The GoldMine supervisor will perform system maintenance” is displayed
- If sync process terminates, users cannot sync until the SYNCTASK table is cleared
- Required Field Alert appears intermittently even when required field is populated
- In Microsoft Word, fields listed under the heading “_DATABASE” are not sorted
- E-mails older than 2 years do not come in with the correct date when converted or linked from Outlook
WHAT WAS FIXED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 8.5.0
- When editing the alarm time for a previously scheduled Event, the alarm time changes back to 12:00 am
- When replying to some HTML e-mails sent from Outlook 2007, the replied text is truncated from the e-mail
- Auto-complete enters the wrong field value if the selected lookup list entry contains a semicolon
- If the file attribute “A” (Archive) is not set on the transfer set file, the file is not downloaded by the remote and is not deleted from the server
- Data is not rehosted from dBASE database for user-defined fields with field name in ‘u_’ format
- When a Forecasted Sale has been scheduled, you cannot edit the Forecasted Sale to change the Contact to an Additional Contact
- Manually linking of e-mails in Outlook produces prompts to file in GoldMine, with no means to suppress the prompt
- Scheduled For date in History tab is different from the scheduled date of the activity
- When selecting a different group in the Groups tab via filter on Group Name column, group members do not refresh
- Contact record window not syncing with the Contact List window when you scroll to the bottom of the contact list window then back to the top again
- When creating a new contact while linking an e-mail, the phone number is always in USA format
- Real-Time folder doesn’t have a preview pane
- Opportunity sales summary is missing from completed opportunity
- Text in ‘Send request with appt’ dialog says to click ‘OK’ but the actual button label is ‘Add’
- Contact with Notes Tab report prints notes upgraded from 6.7 with long date in a continuous line
- Alarms are set incorrectly for activities scheduled for multiple contacts spanning multiple days
- When correcting the spelling of a manually selected section of text, incorrect characters are replaced
- Ext field value truncated after autofill
- Search for phone numbers with only one character does not return results
- Unrelated history items are shown after deleting history record within rolled up relationship tree
- Automated Processes not executed in order of designed event number
- Web Import template created with Perl script when CDO is selected
- With 24 hour format unchecked, GoldMine will still show in 24 hour format based on Windows settings
- Editing the view below the contact list can corrupt the view on contact tabs
- Notes fields aren’t shown for some reports
- Case becomes unlinked from contact after merging contacts
- Activity code and Result code fields do not have lookup list in Statistical Analysis
- Selecting to E-mail Contact from a calendar activity linked to an Additional Contact creates email to Primary Contact instead of Additional Contact
- If contact record is put into group by more than one user, neither user can remove it
- GoldMine closes with no error when selecting Tasks tab for Opportunity Template if Task Dates To Be Based field is not populated in Template Properties
- Change to document extension causes corruption in attributes of synchronized document
- Incomplete documentation on automated process option “Attempt to trigger only once”
- Template loses HTML formatting when switching from primary to additional contact in To: dropdown.
- Extra spaces shown on Recently Viewed list for converted additional contact
- “%3E” appears after recipient e-mail address after adding multiple CC recipients with friendly names on Vista
- E-mail attachments not moved from TEMP directory on the last day of a month or the beginning of a new month
- Automated process prints documents for incorrect contacts
- If GoldMine is minimized and an alarm appears, if the user selects “View Contact”, GoldMine will not “restore” to show contact
- Automated Process is not merging documents in expected order
- Change in user’s access settings not synchronized to remote
- Automated process prints documents for incorrect contacts
- Forecasted sales for other users are completely hidden from user when access to others Calendars is removed
- Slow loading of custom screen with large number of custom fields
- Changes to a contact record name will not apply when scheduling activity
- Pasting into the activity notes field adds a carriage return
- Web Import fails when using Exchange 2007
- Lookup Wizard truncated field to 20 characters in SQL query
- CSV export does not include Notes and saves as .txt file
- Process Monitor interrupts user the first time auto retrieve is processed after logging in
- Re-Link button on toolbar always moves the e-mail address to the selected contact
- Inconsistent logging of field history changes
- Inconsistency in Lookup lists when completing calls within one Call Type after changing the Call Type in the Completion window
- Frequent synchronization using MS SQL 2005 causes event logs on the remote: ‘Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.’
- Line breaks removed when editing a note
- Blank date fields rehosted from dBASE database shown as 12/30/1899
- Frequently synching on MS SQL 2005 causes event logs on the remote: ‘Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.’
- Document merge in literature fulfillment printed for incorrect contact record
- Unable to search on full e-mail address if its over 40 characters
- Cannot add a contact to relationship tree using look up an existing contact lookup with E-mail as search criteria
- GM+ View is visible when scrolling through Semi-partial curtained records (tabs hidden)
- When printing emails, there is no indication of an attached document
- Sync logs in GoldSync Administration Center show incorrect site name
- Forecasted sales analysis cuts off large numbers
- History/Pending tab with large number of records does not show most recent history on first sort
- Sync to Outlook doesn’t display the contact name in Outlook’s calendar
- When recording macro, tabs cannot be opened by keystrokes
- Log this alert in history…’ option appears unchecked even when active
- Arabic characters are displayed incorrectly in the contact search center
- When scrolling through an active filter, record count changes and an ADO Error is generated in the Windows Event Viewer
- Public group not available in drop-down list for the “add to group” action in automated process
- E-mail message with 1000 continuous characters generates “i500 5.5.0 Syntax error – line too long”
- Until contact search center is refreshed, user-defined fields are displayed with a maximum of 25 characters
- Forwarded message body does not show all GoldMine E-mail recipients
- Projects window is not retained between user sessions
- After scrolling past 1000 e-mail messages in the History tab, user cannot open an e-mail message
- Sync Spy truncation on Vista
- Single-character field appears too small in SQL query results
- Completed sales by user ignores cents (only adds whole dollars)
- Document name with over 35 characters is truncated on linked documents
- GM+View template containing &emailaddress causes application error if active when launching GoldMine
- E-mail template sent to a filtered group will only merge the information of the current contact
- Option to send a meeting request update is re-activated after user unchecks the option
- Forecasted Sales of amount/price of xx.74 will automatically be reduced to xx.73 (for 64 < xx < 82)
- New Record creation via Referrals tab context menu causes application error
- Activities scheduled with a “Notification” but NO Alarm are still sending an Alarm to the scheduled user
- Incomplete documentation on Service Center
- Plain Text e-mail allows HTML text to be pasted in
- dBASE expressions are not respected in signature file
- Calendar refresh in outline view causes GoldMine to take focus from every other application
- Incorrect results when sorting on Age column in opportunity manager
- Case History tab sort is not most recent at top and does not remember user selection
- Error message: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object ‘dbo.HISTORY_ITEM’ with unique index ‘HISTITSEL’
- Office documents (Word/Excel) added via hyperlinks cannot be seen in GM+View Tab
- ‘Remember Lookup By’ does not work when clicking Search button with CSC open
- Notes print from earliest to latest
- Missing CAL record message appears when syncing a “draft” e-mail to the server
- User defined fields are not populated in Contact Search Center when searching by a Filter or Group
- Some options in context menu become inactive in CSC when scrolling down more than 1000 records with activated filters
- Export wizard truncates secondary contact e-mail addresses to 35 characters
- Special characters are not showing correctly when receiving e-mails
- E-mail History reference text longer than 20 characters is truncated
- GoldMine automatically displays the date format from the Windows regional date settings
- When printing the “Contact with notes” report, the notes are listed with the oldest date first
- Report with large history record only showing ‘Notes’ information on first page
- Title is incorrectly displayed for additional contact added as Influencer when field is empty
- Leads Analysis does not show values when table name begins with numbers or contains blanks
- Merge & Edit do not give a message that GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Word is not installed
- Filter counts correctly but does not show correct numbers in search center
- Free/Busy tab when scheduling activities falsely alerting of a conflict
- Result Code checkbox is always disabled in graphical analysis
- F2 lookup is empty for second filter condition added in the contact search center
- Hot key for Mark as Private does not check box in Schedule an Activity window
- Upgraded data does not have appropriate friendly name associated to email address of additional contact following merge.
- Clone of closed-won opportunity creates too many opportunity records
- Unable to use Office Link (Word) with Vista – User Account Control (UAC) Enabled
- Application error when using alarm notification taskbar setting in GMPE
- INSERT INTO error when converting an additional contact to a new record
- If laptop user has an active filter, a saved sync wizard profile will update to the active filter instead of its saved settings
- After creating a macro with keyboard shortcuts, the edit macro button is grayed out on the toolbar
- If CSC is opened with no value entered and operator that does not require a value is selected (Is Empty or Is Not Empty), search does not trigger
- When filtering a Group of contacts, only those records in the first 500 display unless the entire list is loaded prior to filtering
- Label customizations in the opportunity manager are not respected in the opportunity tab on the contact record
- SQL temp tables created when creating new record do not consistently drop
- If multiple detail names begin with the same characters, then entries for the detail with the longer names will display on the custom tab for the detail with the shorter name
- GSSITES table rebuilds itself every other time GMPE is launched on Vista
- Process Monitor window can get saved off the screen, making it inaccessible
- Contact search center does not show all data after resorting by a column header
- Inconsistent prompts for completed activity information when linking a message in Outlook
- Contact notes saved to a wrong record using ‘Recently viewed’ list
- Data not populated correctly in Adobe document
- Dates on the navigation pane calendar do not display in bold font for days with Events scheduled
- Sorting a group does not retain the sort order when scrolling through the contacts record in the active group
- While editing a SQL query, if an alarm pops up, the text in the SQL query box gets erased
- Unmarked button available in Process Monitor Window – “close when all processes are done””
- Selecting ‘options’ for a calendar report actually opens the ‘profile’ tab instead of the ‘options’ tab
- Scrolling by Company via arrows does not display all records seen in Contact Search Center
- Double click on e-mail button in the toolbar causes GoldMine to become unresponsive
- Using the mouse wheel when editing a contact note changes contact record in view
- “Start time cannot be empty” message appears when scheduling an activity to a group without spanning across multiple days
- Macro icons cannot be reused for different users with different macros
- When viewing another users preferences, the “Full Name” value is taken from the logged in user
- Notes are saved to a wrong contact if arrow buttons are used while typing a note
- Notes upgraded from GoldMine 6.7.70226 are incorrectly formatted
- Activities are duplicated in the activity list, when viewing data for another user with activities scheduled against curtained records
- Cannot activate a Group and a Filter at the same time
- Time Clock sorts by day of week instead of day of year
- Sync with Outlook profile does not save mapping settings or respect the setting when deleted
- Information on the bottom status bar does not update properly when sorting by different criteria
- User toolbar settings documentation update
- When searching on Company is not Empty, nothing comes up
- Issue seen when editing the pending activity that is created by escalating a case
- Idle time logout is not configurable on Vista Machines
- Lookup.ini is not respected when new contacted is created via gmxmlapi
- Military time is displayed in opened e-mail message
- Command Line parameter -a does not allow user to enter GoldMine username
- MSSQLMaxBrowseRecs setting no longer affects Contact Search Center Searches and results in inconsistent query against CONTSUPP table
- When adding an influencer or team member to an opportunity, an unrelated contact record will open
- When creating New Company and Contact, doesn’t check for duplicates the first time
- When a group member is deleted from Groups tab in Filters and Groups screen, the screen refresh moves you back to the top of the list
- Default Sort for Opportunities is Account descending
- When adding cc to email, sporadically receive error Runtime Error! [path to \gmw.exe] R6025 – pure virtual function call
- If service case mask is changed to #### , pending activities disappear when edited
- When a detail is deleted, the screen refreshes and moves you back to the top of the list
- Unable to delete books with no name from Knowledge Base
- Import Wizard does not respect [Autoupdate] section of lookup.ini with option to do so selected
- Unchecking the group option in the History tab does not release the group
- Recently viewed items do not sync with the main opportunity manager window
- Sale amount is doubled when you complete a sale from the opportunity pending tab
- Linked Documents default sort is by date in ascending order
- User can’t scroll beyond a certain number of history records with filter applied
- When you type in a zip code for a newly created contact, the field doesn’t auto fill
- Renamed folder in knowledge base can become non-editable
- cannot re-enable menu item once deselected for non-master user
- ‘Adding Contact to an Existing Company’ Help topic is incorrect
- ZIP code lookup activated after single character of ZIP code is entered for additional contact
- Only one e-mail address is moved when converting an additional contact to primary
- Fields to insert don’t show up in order by Contact 1 or Contact2
- Sync Service does not respect Sync Settings
- Classic menu causes GM toolbar to be reset to default every time the user logs in
- Alarms associated with activities that auto roll-over are not updated to match activity date
- Zoom / previous option does not allow you to scroll through all history records in history tab
- Scroll order for activated filter does not respect Optimize Sort Order field
- Date field corrupted in new record dialog
- Follow-up activity from email linked to case is not automatically linked to the case
- Address2 field not populated when retrieving linked document
- Cannot import VCard after Web Import is configured
- GoldMine Hangs and freezes when editing a project from the project management centre
- User without scheduling permissions can schedule activities from search center
- Address & Phone Report with sort on Contact2 field run against a filter does not return all records meeting filter criteria
- Scrolling messages in Inbox also scrolls messages in Inbox sub-folders
- When selecting to print a report, Category field displays as Contact even if Report listing is for another Category
- Linking non-linked activities on completion window will not link activities although User has possibility to do so
- Clone Crystal Report does not create a copy of existing report. Clone function behaves like New function
- Unable to install GM if there is more than one SQL instance on the system
- When deleting a resolution note in Cases, the note is removed from the UI, but still appears in the database with ~~Deleted, instead of removing the note completely
- Date format in contact list is different from contact record
- Outlook calendar records deleted with synchronization
- User can only look at 2 emails from the activity list before they are forced to close the window
- Closed amount is being assigned to opened opportunities – amount does not even match forecasted sale
- Outlook contact deletions do not sync
- Error message when opening RDP file from links tab
- Linked Document Mover only supports a single path
- Outlook Sync does not respect New Record Ownership settings
- Automated process elapsed time trigger is ignored
- Cannot send a meeting request to multiple contacts
- Memory leak caused by Relationships tab
- Search entered in box automatically searches by first name only
- Incorrect lookup lists displayed for Reference when completing activity
- Refresh issue: The window title does not change to reflect that it is now searching by company
- E-mail sent from KB does not include attachment
- Cannot vertically scroll the Gantt chart
- Old GoldMine Setup File used in one-button installation
- On Edit menu, Copy, Cut and Paste are always grayed out
- Ability to add multiple contacts to relationship tree
- Phone number for Contact Info pasted into Pager Message is incorrect
- Option to send e-mail to user when alarm not acknowledged does not work
- Task focus lost after editing task
- Unlinked e-mail shows in sent folder as linked e-mail
- The import wizard will not import data from a field larger than 50 characters
- Text search on primary fields, there are inconsistencies… unless the key word is the first word in the field search can fail.
- Can’t see opportunities or projects in Activity List when clicking on open activities
- Project task created for a user group to not show in the activity list
- Project Template tasks dates are not respected when creating a task for a new project created from a template
- Documentation does not include information regarding SQL protocols/enabled order for client workstations
- Automated Process does not trigger all events and sequential order of events is not respected
- Slow response during Relationship tab refresh
- Service reports do not appear in Print a report…” wizard”
- Auto populate of city and state not working when creating new record
- Default path is incorrectly displayed in the installer after browsing to a previous installation
- Amount field rounded incorrectly if it exceeds 8 characters when sale is completed
- Importing notes does not merge to the existing note
- Word Merge bottleneck in automated process execution
- Status drop-down list does not refresh when switching between Project and Opportunities
- Last Record button jumps only 500 records, and not to the last record as indicated
- ‘Refresh’ button is always inactive in activity list
- Text formatting lost in notes after upgrade
- E-mail is linked to the wrong contact after an alarm pops up
- Contact Search Center settings ignored when creating a new case
- Case number identity seed is ignored
- User without merge permission can access merge & edit in Document Management Center
- Impossible to schedule a sale to an additional contact
- Write button on toolbar provides access to Document Management Center when menu access is removed
- Edit Menu (Cut/Copy/Paste) inactive
- Administrator unable to control access to tabs
- (Copy/)Move functionality: when source and destination database don’t have the same structure the records in the source database are not deleted
- Details tab with over 500 records loses context menu options after scrolling to the end of the list
- Wrong activities displayed after activating rollup and switching contact record
- Sales Analysis Quota diff % calculation is unintuitive
- Window states are not restored when exiting via Switch User
- Remove Tracks is only available in Classic Menu
- E-mail bodies are truncated if the line length exceeds 998 characters, when sending via certain ISP’s
- Reply to all brings wrong sender’s and recipient information when several E-mail accounts are setup
- Digital Signature Verification Failure
- GMW.EXE application continues to run in windows Task Manager after closing GMPE
- INSERT errors on upgrade
- Activity List only loads first 500 activities, even after scrolling or sorting the list
- ‘%’ and ‘?’ as Wildcards do not work anymore in CSC
- The Outlook Sync profiles are not saving field mappings
- Month view calendar is not scrollable via keyboard arrows
- There is no option to select “All” users on the activity list
- Record Type field not populated correctly in new record for default record type
- Unable to scroll past 2000 records with active filter based on contact2 field
- User without menu access to Tools > Options is able to customize tabs displayed in contact record
- GoldMine does not apply more than one signature.txt file
- GoldMine receives multiple copies of e-mail with checked ‘skip read’ option
- Online help file not upgraded correctly
- Completing unscheduled call pops incorrect F2 lookup list for Reference Field
- Literature Request – print labels for more then one contact at the same time
- Project Manager sorts projects in reverse alphabetical order by default
- Group by in Contact List does not display all data
- Daily Day-Timer (detailed) report displays incorrect dates if you span multiple days
- Selecting the “Go To” option for a public opportunity opens the Opportunity manager with display of current user’s opportunities
- Sender’s Full name truncated (in Header) in sent E-mails if recipient uses Outlook (2003)
- notes with *** in older version will lost their formatting after being upgraded to GMPE
- “Unable to initialize” message when syncing with Outllok 2007 on Vista
- Contact list does not display all contacts in a large database
- Contact Search Center report, when editing the fields get a &SyParam1 value that is not documented.
- Phone Formatting affects phone1 searching
- Forwarding e-mails to a secondary contact from an open e-mail does not work, only wks from inbox
- E-mail address lost if address for additional contact is entered first
- Notes do not merge with target record
- Deleted notes are displayed in Reports
- New user setting needed to prohibit Notes deletion
- Case management report prints BJ instead of the Pound sign (£)
- Workstations are not seeing the alias for a new database
- Zip Code Validation Does Not Work When Creating New Record
- Contact Search Center does not respect size from previous settings
- Sales Price and Amount field values do not store data properly
- Group count changes when scrolling through large activated group
- Noticeable delay between the message request and message display
- E-mail Center cannot display Russian text correctly
- Greek Chars are destroyed while import from dbf-file
- Grid headers are wrong when using Thai Language
- Unable to schedule forecasted sales with negative amount values
- Cannot disable Status Bar unless Classic View is used
- Single click on e-mail folder changes icon but does not open the folder
- Users cannot edit case history items
- OPMGR Notes are merged when upgrading from an older GoldMine version, for the first note entered in Premium Edition
- Cannot display Code on History tab
- New Contact is automatically related to current contact
- Tabs are not saved when exiting via switch user
- Typing a lookup value does not jump to that value in the lookup list
- Unable to Dupe Check on e-mail address when creating a new Company
- Literature Fulfillment creates invalid History entry
- In an F2 lookup window right-click to output to clipboard only outputs first item
- Adding an influencer to an opportunity changes contact record to wrong contact
- Non-master user cannot perform analysis from the activity list
- Printing out Project Notes field onto a report displays the HTML code
- Org. Chart folders limited to 68 on root level.
- Screen Designer toolbar positioned almost off screen when initially viewed
- Undo Change to Contact menu option doesn’t work
- Enable administrators to set permissions around contact record notes
- Unable to insert additional contact in the To field when creating a new e-mail message
- User’s full name is missing an apostrophe when saving a note under the notes tab
- There is no simple search across different contact data structures
- Field security appears to be dependent on record type
- Sort Order in Details incorrect
- Lookup-window for new time setting on snooze alarm is behind the alarm window
- F2 lookups on Info tab of a detail record are not updated on detail type change
- Special characters from Notes are destroyed in Summary view of Contact window (Next Activity: / Last Activity: / Last Note:)
- Activity List displays events as occurring 12/30/1899
- Incremental search does not stay consistent with user input in large contact database
- E-mail Is Empty search returns no records
- User defined date field in upper half of contact window is not populated correctly on new records
- Sort order not retained on tab grids
- Delete button remains active after “delete contact” menu item is disabled
- When using the linked document mover with the option to “Update database references only”, the CONTSUPP.U_ADDRESS1 field is unchanged
- Required fields not active during new contact entry
- Line breaks stripped out of Notes after upgrade
- Local dbalias.ini ignored
- Sort Order field not updated
- Cannot change contact record notes
- SITEID is upgraded incorrectly
- Optimized sort order does not work for filters
- Case IDs can be duplicated via sync
- Column width in calendar Task List is not retained
- Obsolete reference to Backup/Restore in online help
- Menu item points to obsolete ZIP code import that was replaced by QuickStart Wizard
- There are no commands in the toolbar customization window
- Obscured attachment listing
- Adding Users to Peg Board makes other calendar tabs show multiple users
- There is no option to automatically display contact records in the same order as shown in the contact search center
- Distribution list refresh when member added
- Service Center filter setting is not retained between sessions
- Record Type Rules are no longer recognized where Field value based rules exceed 32 rules
- The left and the right arrows do not increment by 500 contact records
- Text search is limited to primary contact fields
- Unable to add Macro to custom toolbar
- Column widths and position are not retained after exiting
- Intermittent DB connectivity problems
- Sort by column in opportunity manager list does not work on all columns
- Taskbar customization uses old menu structure
- Empty ‘service reports’ folder shown in report center
- Key field labels are overriden by local labels when creating a new record type
- Field inserted in Microsoft Word does not respect decimal place limitation set in GoldMine
- User security template access not applied to e-mail templates
- Pipeline Report does not respect opportunity filter
- There is no option to automatically display contact records in the same order as shown in the contact search center
- Taskbar customization uses old menu structure
- “Log Changes in History” setting is not respected when change is made to a NULL or empty field
- Incorrect calendar dates for Canadian holidays such as Victoria Day
- Obsolete reference to Misc tab in documentation
- “Log changes in the history” in Global replace wizard does not work when a filter is used
- Projects and Opportunities lose notes and pending activities after converting
- Nothing returned with &AdditionalContact macro
- Weekend days included even when applying “Skip Weekends” option for scheduled activity in Automated Process
- Document path is truncated in Project Management Details/Links tab
- SQL Query Wizard on Pending or History items produces query of Activity Code with an extra space
- GoldMine does not send a SMTP QUIT command as expected by some SMTP servers
- Unable to type Polish characters with using [Right ALT] +[letter]
- Additional contacts cannot be added to distribution lists through Contact Search Center
- Print button in Forecasted Sales Analysis opens report behind the active dialog box
- Behavior of F9 key is not changed by Opview setting in [username].ini
- Office link does not prompt to save when closing document
- Task Reference is displayed in date column in Tasks folder of Activity List when selecting Today
- Mail Merge creates undefined History record
- Forecasted Sale linked to an opportunity shows name of Opportunity in Product field
- ITS 27954: &FullAddress macro in Word merge doesn’t print ZIP and State values if the City field is blank
- ITS 34524: Attachment not opened in e-mail sent from Entourage
- ITS 23620: Cannot select font type or size from drop downs when highlighting multiple fonts
- ITS 34975: When importing a .csv file with only one record, or choosing to ignore the first record when only two records exist, no records are imported
Feel free to contact Doug directly for more information about this patch or GoldMine Premium Edition, in general!