A while back, I got a Gmail account and enjoyed having it. I was, however, disappointed in the SSL requirement that kept it from being usable with my GoldMine. Gmail, like a number of other e-mail providers, has elected to REQUIRE SSL for their POP3 server.
To correct this and enable me to use these account(s) with GoldMine, I downloaded a free tool called Stunnel from this page
I found I also needed a couple of supporting files.
I downloaded all three items to a local folder I called c:\stunnel\ and created a text file in the folder. This file need to be named stunnel.conf. I put the following text into this file:
…and then I ran Stunnel.exe.
Lastly, I added my Gmail address to GoldMine like I would any other e-mail address other than the fact that both the SMTP and POP3 servers are 127.0.0.1 and I had to go into the advanced area and modify the ports used by both pop3 and smtp to match what I defined in my stunnel.conf file (pop3=9995 and smtp=225 *note the additional digits!).
Finally, I had to go the Gmail account on the Gmail web page and go to my settings area and enable pop3 access. I found that enabling it for ‘all messages than come in from now on’ was the best option.
That was it. Now, as long as I run stunnel on my machine, I can use my Gmail accounts within GoldMine just like any other e-mail accounts!
NOTE: An informative thread in the GoldMine support forums that offers more recent information on this topic can be found here.
**If you liked this article, you might also like:**
You must be logged in to post a comment.
27 queries. 0.189 seconds