A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » GM PE 9.0.2
GM PE 9.0.2
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:33 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
stoessner
GoldMine Journeyman

Hello,

We have had a couple weird things happen and I am wondering if anyone knows why or has experienced anything similar.

1) We had alerts set up to notify people that it's not their account or that the account was on hold. sometime in the last month or so they all disappeared. No Alerts are set up, we had to reset them all.

2) GoldSync on the server disappeared. Meaning, no one can sync as there are no sync settings on the server(like it's never been set up. The last time anyone did a successful sync was 3/24

If anyone has any ideas as to why this might have happened please let me know. I'm hesitant to reset the Sync settings without knowing the cause so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks in advance!!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:08 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
cdohmen
Cuckoo for GoldMine Puffs

Sally

I'm running server syncing on v9.01 and I've never experienced an arbitrary loss of settings like you describe. We do not run Goldsync as a service but rather run it from within the application which runs on the server itself. This method give you more realtime feedback via Process Monitor.

We do not have any alerts setup as you describe so I can not speak to that issue.

CD

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:26 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

it sounds like someone messed up your core database (maybe reset it entirely?) since the alerts are kept in the INFOMINE table and the sync settings are kept in SYNCSITE and GSSITE and so on...

How do your calendar, mailbox, filters and field-lookups look? Are they also lacking? If so, you probably ought to back-track, figure out what happened and possibly restore the database from backup before synchronizing with remotes at all.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:15 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
stoessner
GoldMine Journeyman

We dont use calendar or mailbox currently but something definitely happened. This is the latest today thats happening.

If I use the desktop icon to initiate the goldmine sync the port never opens, even though the program shows its running.
I even tried setting it up as a service within goldmine itself, same problem.
BUT
If I open goldmine and go into the sync settings and turn it on within the program with the start button for the Server network connection, it works. As long as I stay logged into the program and don't close it the port stays open. So it looks like there is some sort of goldmine program problem. I have the goldmine interface logged in and opened up on the server now so you can test the WV site.

Now basically the port wont stay open. Do you think thats related as well? Im having trouble dissecting this one since every time I think i have it. Something else goes wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:06 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Yes, I think it's related. It sounds like you have two installations of GoldMine on your server -- one that points to the right place and right databases and another that doesn't.

You should really straighten that out immediately as there's no predicting just what/how much data is going into the wrong database or what..

Note that I offer consulting services and I'm confident I could untangle this for you.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

GM PE 9.0.2
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)