A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » Can I Install Goldmine Plus Word Link manually
Can I Install Goldmine Plus Word Link manually
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

I am using Version 2013.1.0.298 and reinstalled it on a new Windows 10 Professional machine with Office 365 along with SQL Server Express 2016. Goldmine is working flawlessly.But the Goldmine Plus links failed to install. Something about "You need Office 2013 or above to install Goldmine Plus"

Is there a way I can try again without reinstalling all of Goldmine? Or can I manually install the Word link? We do not need Excel or Outlook links. I have these files on another similar computer with Goldmine and Office 365 which works fine. They are in the root Goldmine folder in a folder called Goldmine Plus/Microsoft Office:

GMPlusOffice2007.dll
GMPlusOffice2007.tlb
GMPlusOfficeResources.dll
Interop.ADOX.dll
Interop.GoldMine.dll

Alternatively could someone direct me to a working installation of the newest Word link if such a thing exists?

Thank you!

JR
JR Service Solutions
Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:32 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Sure, you can do this via the GoldMine installation wizard in your workstation's control panel's programs area.

Of course, GoldMine 2013 doesn't support office 2016, however, so you may want/need to update your version of GoldMine or downgrade your version of Word to get to a compatible setup. Word 2013 (32-bit!) would be a good/compatible choice, if it's available to you.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Office 365
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

That sucks. Really? Wow! There seem to have been issues with Office integration as far back as I remember. Always something it seems.

My version of Goldmine is very stable and somewhat up to date. Even a guy at Front Range told me that when I called to inquiring about upgrading. As I see it, It's too expensive to upgrade just for that one feature. Office 365 is awesome and the best version of Office ever in my opinion. Not to mention it comes with 1 Terabyte of free cloud storage! I don't want to downgrade.

Hey wait....I just remembered. I am using Office 365 on another computer with this version of Goldmine. There must be a clever work around.

Any further suggestions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:03 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

I dunno, I have to disagree. It's kind of tough to complain about GoldMine 2013 not supporting a version of Word that didn't come out until another two or three years later...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Office 2016 using GM 2013
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

I guess you're right. It's frustrating. That being said.....

Take a look at these pics. Somehow on another machine using the same version of Goldmine, same OS and same Office version it works fine. I'm inclined to believe it can be made to work maybe by a manual install of those files? Can someone shed light on this?

For example, where can I find that file called MSCOREE.DLL

[/b]

Last edited by jrich7 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:34 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Maybe that one had the link installed when the locally installed version of office was a compatible version, then office 365 upgraded the installation in-place to the current version, leaving all the add-ins still installed/operational...

So it does work
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:46 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

Proving my point that Office 365 and this version of Goldmine and its link WILL work together.

Install older version of OFfice, Install this version of Goldmine and its link, make sure its working ok. Then install Office 365.

Never say never. LOL. I will try this "workaround" and report results back here. It's certainly a lot cheaper than upgrading this perfectly good version of Goldmine!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Paul Laufer
GoldBox Guru

With Office 365 there's more than one install type. One of them has components on the local machine, which is what GoldMine Link requires. GoldMine won't work with the cloud Office 365. I'm afraid I don't recall the specifics of the install types. I just know that there's a "local install" mode for Office 365, and GoldMine needs that one.

We no longer use the Word Link
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
jrich7
GoldMine Nut

We gave up on the Word Link. We just didnt install it. In our case it was easier to just copy and paste from existing documents.

I personally have had issues with the Word Link going back many years including it slowing down the opening and closing of Word quite a bit. I can only speak for myself, It is possible I have missed things along the way or created templates incorrectly.

Can I Install Goldmine Plus Word Link manually
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)