A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » Details Plus » MS Word merge form, fil table with detail
MS Word merge form, fil table with detail
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Paul Laufer
GoldBox Guru

Hi Folks:

Is there someone who can help me with a merge form I'd like to make? I need to take a detail record from GoldMine, lets call it "Birthday", and send a letter to a contact or contacts, where the birthday detail and a few of its extended fields are parsed out into a table in a Word document. I've tried using the two example DOT files that come with DetailPlus, but they don't seem to do what I'm looking for, and the new DOT files I've made haven't had much success either.

The end result would be a Word document with a table, which has a header row defining each field, the next row with data from the Birthday detail record, and if the contact record has multiple birthday details then when the form merges it will add rows to the table, with each successive row containing the additional detail records.

I have tried this in GoldMine's mail merge using the "&Profiles()" macro, which was originally indended for just this application, but alas it was never matured into a useful function by FR.

It would end up looking something like this...

BIRTHDATE, FAVORITE COLOR, HAT SIZE
CONTSUPREF, LINKACCT, ADDRESS2

...for someone who had three detail records of a Birthday type. The exact fields I pull would be similar but perhaps different, but you get the idea.

If you've got a Word doc that does this, with any detail type, can you please make it available somewhere online, or get it to me via email?

Thanks,

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:16 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
PaulR
n00b

Hi Paul

Yes you can do this using repeat blocks. A little tricky but there is I think an example which does this in the download. Soemtimes a little experimentation is needed.

DP automatically detects repeat block markers then using them, unless you disable them by using the checkbox option which says ignore them.

See if this helps.
Paul
---------------------
Paul Redstone
Solica Consulting - Developers of Details Plus, Scanner Plus and other great GoldMine add-ons.
Details Plus and Details Plus 2- in use by tens of thousands of GoldMine users globally.
www.solica.com. Also has free add-ons, including FixCal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:21 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Paul Laufer
GoldBox Guru

I tried a few times with the docs that ship with DP but couldn't get it working. The customer mentioned in an email that they also have OmniRush with which I've done this before. I may give that a try.

But if you have another example doc laying around that I can download I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
PaulR
n00b

Hi Paul

It does work, I'll give you a call in the evening my time in the UK on Monday to do a quick remote session and to sort this out.

Paul
---------------------
Paul Redstone
Solica Consulting - Developers of Details Plus, Scanner Plus and other great GoldMine add-ons.
Details Plus and Details Plus 2- in use by tens of thousands of GoldMine users globally.
www.solica.com. Also has free add-ons, including FixCal.

MS Word merge form, fil table with detail
  ContactReview Forum Index » Details Plus