A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » User created Subfolders under Filed
User created Subfolders under Filed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:53 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Deborah
Obsessive GoldMiner

GMPE 8.03

This has occurred twice now, once during an upgrade to PE from SE and once when installing a remote user on a new laptop (user had been using GM on old laptop. Installed new install file on new laptop)

Both these companies love to create subfolders to organize some of their field emails instead of just using the default year/month.

After upgrade user logs in and all his subfolders are not displayed in the email center. Same with the remote user, there are no sent or filed or subfolders. Now I know one way to fix this is to create the folder with the exact name and the emails will populate but is there something to do to prepare or prevent this from happening.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:45 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I too have seen this and have cautioned my clients to avoid messing with the folders for fear of causing more trouble. Maybe it is the rain that we are experiencing? Rolling Eyes

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:15 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
ronanc
GoldMine Veteran

I have to say I havent seen this before. If you look in the backend before recreating the subfolder, is there any sign of the missing subfolder in the mailbox? My guess would be either the userid or the recid of the subfolder got corrupted, but that is only a guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

If the subfolders are not there, and you know what they are, you should easily be able to re-create them. As long as you create them with the exact same name any messages that were filed into those folders should reappear in those folders.

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:45 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Deborah
Obsessive GoldMiner

Logging onto the server as the remote user, I can see all the folders in his email center. Why wouldn't his install file include them?

I will try to recreate the user created subfolders, but what about all the Dated folders? They have email since 2002, shouldn't all those folders come across in an upgrade or remote install? I feel funny asking this, since I know I haven't seen this before.....otherwise all the PE upgrades I have done - I would have heard complaints about missing filed folders.....

You know what these 2 companies have in common? Large mailbox.dbt files in Standard before upgrades. While I was able to get them down enough to reindex, I wonder if that would cause the corruption?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

User created Subfolders under Filed
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)