ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine Coders » GoldMine AccountNo
GoldMine AccountNo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
sukh007
GoldMine Journeyman

Hi Guys

GoldMine 6.70.50123
SQL 2000

When a new record is created it obviously creates an accountno for the record. Some of the accountno's have the (/,\) in. So for example an accountno may look like 'A4061651818%\#3)7Nat'. Is their anyway I can make it not use the \ or / sign. I can generate my own accountno by using a stored procedure but I have been advised it's always best to let GoldMine create the accountno. Is their a .dll or something that has the code to tell GoldMine what symbols to use.

the reason for this is because this is causing problems when my data gets transferred to the website. I use Inaport to match on Accountno however when the data from GoldMine goes to the website it misses out the / and \ symbols so therefore some records can not match on accountno.

Many Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

GoldBox, when it creates Accountnos, uses an algorithm that does not include any part of the Company or Contact fields (so it avoids using the single quote character); and also avoids using anything other than alphanumeric characters. So, if you used GoldBox for Imports, you'd never add a problem Accountno. GoldBox also has an Accountno Regenerator utility that is capable of finding and replacing Accountnos that have specific objectionable characters; or of replacing all Accountnos. Obviously, such a utility should be used with caution.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
sukh007
GoldMine Journeyman

Thanks for the response Bob.

I don't actually do any imports as the characters / & \ are created by GoldMine itself when a record is created. Their must be a way of telling GoldMine to create AccountNo's without certain symbols.

Don't think I would really want to change an accountno once it has been generated.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

I don't believe there is any way to tell GoldMine to create Accountno a certain way, when it's creating new records.

As for changing the Accountno after the fact, GoldBox's Accountno Regenerator is engineered to search all the necessary tables when changing an Accountno, so the process is transparent to the user. The only problem I've seen is when GoldMine's Accountno is used to link to another database (like an accounting program). In a case like that, special procedures would be required.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

GoldMine AccountNo
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine Coders