A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » OpenOffice link » OpenOffice Link Download Instructions
OpenOffice Link Download Instructions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:23 pm Points: 164 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

The BETA version of this link can be downloaded here:

http://www.castellcomputers.com/files/gmoolinksetup_beta1.zip

I'm going to assume since you're brave enough to work with a BETA link, smart enough to use Open Office and GoldMine and have made it to this forum, I don't have to tell you a lot about ZIP files, setup routines, backing up, etc.

If you do have any questions, feel free to ask me and/or the group and I'm sure you will get the required information quickly!

One note is that this link is not ready to do mass merges... Sorry!

Last edited by DougCastell on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:25 am Points: 994 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
acwsolutions
n00b

Is the source code available?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:35 am Points: 693 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

I'm considering it -- given the less-than-enthusiastic response thus far...

It's written in VB6 and does have a number of unfinished parts (I'm not the only one who's done anything with the code)

Anyone interested in it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:53 am Points: 120 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
acwsolutions
n00b

DougCastell wrote:
I'm considering it -- given the less-than-enthusiastic response thus far...

It's written in VB6 and does have a number of unfinished parts (I'm not the only one who's done anything with the code)

Anyone interested in it?

I am interested in acquiring the code for this. I am a very large open source/linux enthusiast and would love to see this released under a very open license (BSD?)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:38 am Points: 180 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

While I love open source apps and use them entusiastically, I am not entirely familir with all the various licenses out there.. Obviously, I could google it, but what's the 1-sentence explanation of the BSD license? Personally, i was thinking CC license, but who knows. I'd actually have to spend time READING all th various possible open licenses to decide on one, I guess...

I love it
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:40 am Points: 121 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
MarPai
n00b

Doug I've been asking for a link program like this, while I cannot program, I'll be happy to beta for you to your heart's content. This would be wonderful for those of us who prefer open office to MS's overblown software.

You are wonderful

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:56 am Points: 40 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Glad you like it! Now if only I had time to tweak it to work with multiple merges!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:05 pm Points: 228 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
acwsolutions
n00b

DougCastell wrote:
While I love open source apps and use them entusiastically, I am not entirely familir with all the various licenses out there.. Obviously, I could google it, but what's the 1-sentence explanation of the BSD license? Personally, i was thinking CC license, but who knows. I'd actually have to spend time READING all th various possible open licenses to decide on one, I guess...

You are free:

* to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
* to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

* No Endorsement. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
* You must retain the license terms and copyright notice in any source code distribution and reproduce them in documentation for binary distributions.
* Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

And a template for it, taken from here: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

Copyright (c) <YEAR>, <OWNER>
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the <ORGANIZATION> nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 pm Points: 87 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Note that version 0.1.3 is now available on the downloads page.

Minor changes only.

Any/all feedback welcome!

Really, someone say something!

Questions for converting from Office to OpenOffice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:35 pm Points: 104 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
jasonrac
n00b

First - thank you for making this tool available!

I have a couple questions, I'm new to Goldmine so please try to bare with me.

-We have a ton of merge forms in Excel and Word setup currently. Is there any easy way to port these over to OpenOffice or will I have to re-create them each manually inserting the fields where necessary? I can convert the template over but the fields seem to disappear when I do the conversion.

-When I open an Open Office merge form from Goldmine it actually opens the template and not a new document, it seems that user's will continually write over the template this way. When I do it from a Word merge form it opens a new document. I assume this is just me setting up the merge form incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks again!

Re: Questions for converting from Office to OpenOffice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm Points: 104 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
dgelfuso
GoldMine Apprentice

jasonrac wrote:

-We have a ton of merge forms in Excel and Word setup currently. Is there any easy way to port these over to OpenOffice or will I have to re-create them each manually inserting the fields where necessary? I can convert the template over but the fields seem to disappear when I do the conversion.

-When I open an Open Office merge form from Goldmine it actually opens the template and not a new document, it seems that user's will continually write over the template this way. When I do it from a Word merge form it opens a new document. I assume this is just me setting up the merge form incorrectly?

I am having this same problem. Did you ever fix this?

Re: Questions for converting from Office to OpenOffice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am Points: 100 Vote Up! Vote Down! Reply with quote
jasonrac
n00b

dgelfuso wrote:
jasonrac wrote:

I am having this same problem. Did you ever fix this?

Nope - there is very little out there on OO / Goldmine Integration and it looks like this is a dead thread here. If I figure it out I will post back, if anyone has any information on this we'd be willing to pay for it, just drop me a line.

Thanks -
Jason

OpenOffice Link Download Instructions
  ContactReview Forum Index » OpenOffice link
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum