A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 6 » Date error message Goldmine 6.7 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Date error message Goldmine 6.7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:57 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
martin.birch
n00b

1) This is the first time I have attempted to use a forum - so lets see how we go!!

2) My Goldmine 6.7.70226 generated the following warning this morning (today being the 1st Jan 2011):

"Please note that your computer’s system date is erroneously set to 01/01/2011. Goldmine’s synchronization may not function properly unless the system date is set correct. Would you like to correct the system’s date now?"

3) My computer has the correct date and time, and Goldmine appears to have the correct date and time. Does anyone know why the above error message would be generated, and more impotantly, do I need to woory about it?

Regards
Martin Birch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
richardliebert
n00b

I am experiencing the identical problem. When I set my system date back to 2010 the problem does not manifest itself. I'll post again if I learn something that can help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:48 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

Hmmm! GoldMine 6.70.70226 was sunset a couple of years ago. It doesn't function properly with Windows Vista or Windows 7, Office 2007 or Office 2010, Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9, and now the Year 2011.

Do you think that it is finally time to upgrade?

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:14 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
richardliebert
n00b

DJ - I agree with you, in fact I looked into upgrading last month. I was told I would have to purchase a 5 user license. I am just a single user who will be retiring in year or two. It just didn't make sense to upgrade.

date glitch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:54 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
ClareLondon
Obsessive GoldMiner

Yep, someone didn't include the current decade in their coding many many ago. A 'deliberate mistake' to move future sluggards onto the latest version? Who knows...

All you have to do is get rid of the message by clicking "No" and carry on as normal. But a hassle nonetheless.

As Richard says here, the cost is prohibitive for a single user, The minimum license is 5 plus an annual 'maintenance' fee (for what, though?) Then I'd also have to pay for Dave's Goldbox license. I cannot run GoldMine effectively without Goldbox.

Personally, I don't find enough imperative to move to the new version unless it was financially attractive. I steeled myself to consider it a year ago, and had an in-depth look at the new version. I found several features worked the same way in the new version as in 6.7 and were still clunky. When I weighed up what was new and was remained from the old version, then realised that a couple of features I valued had been removed, I was very much not persuaded to fork out.

So I can only see myself clicking on that date system error message for the rest of my natural, until I get a lot richer...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:47 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
coffindancer
GoldMine Apprentice

Tell the users, "There's nothing I can do for ya son".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:38 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
king123
Cuckoo for GoldMine Puffs

I have the same problem.. We have the Automated Processes running at night and the popup is prevent it from running, any ideas how to over come that?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:33 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
NeilT
GoldMine Journeyman

We are in the same situation. We have two users but the £1500 required to update is ridiculous.
I have taken a look at ACT and it appears to do what we require, is more suitable for our size of business and is a much lower cost so I guess we will switch.
This also means we will be able to move to windows 7 and office 2010 something that our version of GM has prevented us doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

Richard,

You do not have to purchase more than one user of GoldMine Premium, however, you are required to purchase a maintenance plan along with that for $695.00. I will be glad to assist you with an estimate if you wish to contact me directly. There are no promotions for you right now, but I will give you the best possible price and I can as I would for anyone that contacted me.

DJ@DJHut.US

Neil,

Like everyone else that moves to Act!, you'll wish that you hadn't, and you will eventually want to come back to GoldMine Premium. Act! Is a dog.

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldMineDataDiva
GoldMine Journeyman

I have contacted FrontRange and got this reply:
This issue has been identified and logged with development for all GMCE 6.x versions. In initial testing, it appears that answering NO and syncing does sync correctly. We do advise that customers verify all data syncs in their own environment. The issue may be related to BDE.
I have tested a manual sync with another and everything came thru. So the message is annoying right now.

Jill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

5.7 SQL same
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
norbus77
n00b

We have an even OLDER ver 5.7 Sales & Marketing running on SQL. Our network workstations and the Goldmine server are both returning this message also.

And, yes, DJ, I agree we need to upgrade but you're preaching to the choir - need to convince the choir director!

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 am Points: 1 Reply with quote
GoldMineDataDiva
GoldMine Journeyman

it has been suggested to some that can't wait for FR to try ClickOff.
I installed and it works nicely.

The program is free and will get rid of annoying pop up boxes.

http://download.cnet.com/ClickOff/3000-2072_4-10041321.html

This would be installed on each user system.

To start the program after the install
Start
All Programs
ClickOff
ClickOff starten bxq, anseigen

Then open GoldMine and then choose Alt Cltr D to set the option.

This product ClickOff will auto start everytime you start your computer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:52 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
dsteinschneider
GoldMine Apprentice

DJ wrote:

DJ@DJHut.US

Neil,

Like everyone else that moves to Act!, you'll wish that you hadn't, and you will eventually want to come back to GoldMine Premium. Act! Is a dog.

Hi DJ,

When Sage did complete rewrite of Act! in 2007 it was a dog and I replaced several of them with GoldMine. Since then they have cleaned up the code and it runs quite well on today's hardware. My sister's audiobook production company decided to do a 60 day trial on Act! 2010 so I installed it on a server in my office and setup desktop and notebook clients. I was surprised that it ran well after dealing with Act 2007's problems. I started looking into becoming an Act! partner again and noticed Geoff Boulden of Twelve Three Marketing is now a major Act! reseller. He filled me in on what has occurred since 2007 and told me he and his clients are very happy with the product.

The integration of Swift pages was the motivation for looking at Act! 2010. It's an inexpensive but powerful email marketing solution that is easy for end users to manage from inside Act!.

Still haven't signed up because I've been very busy doing Dynamics CRM implementations but looking into it.

Doug

203-256-2344
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

Dave - As a choir director all you need to do in order to understand the benefits provided by GoldMine Premium is to use it. It is so much better than the older versions. Not only that, those who are experiencing the problems mentioned in this post, would not have the date problem if they used an up-to-date version of GoldMine.

I had a call New Year's day from a client who has been using GoldMine since Version 1 (DOS). We just finished upgrading his 7 users to GoldMine Premium. He went out of his way to thank me for the upgrade and to tell me how much better it is than his previous GM 6.7: Much easier to use, much more user-friendly, much better and easier lookups, etc.

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I tried the above ClickOff with GM 6.7 on an XP Pro SP3 system and it did not work.

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

Date error message Goldmine 6.7
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 6