A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » Error: Alias not found: TGT
Error: Alias not found: TGT
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:32 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
davidshq
GoldMine Journeyman

I'm getting an error when attempting to run an import job that the alias TGT couldn't be found. I thought that TGT was what we referenced when we wanted to pull a value from the existing database record?
Dave.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

It sounds like you found your answer in that earlier post from Paul Laufer. Just want to verify that you're good to go, now?

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:57 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
davidshq
GoldMine Journeyman

Paul's answer helped for an earlier problem, but I'm now having a similar issue again. The issue being (after reviewing again Paul's earlier response) that I have included a call to TGT in the "import" phase.
I'm trying to tell GoldBox to call the TGT in the update phase instead...but I'm not sure how to do that. If I have an expression in the normal expression field I can then click "UPDATE Expression" and set that to be the expression I want - and I'm guessing that "UPDATE Expression" executes against update instead of import?
But, it won't let me do "UPDATE Expression" unless I have something in EXPN?
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

I don't find where you posted your version of GoldBox, and I'd like to know that before I discuss the interface (there are some differences in GXSQL vs GX7). Give me that, and also tell me, in plain English, what you are trying to accomplish. Saying you want to "call" a field doesn't tell me enough; what exactly do you want the update to accomplish?

www.goldboxbob.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:22 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
davidshq
GoldMine Journeyman

Bob,
I am using GX-7. The scenario is this:
I have provided to a third party a data file containing contact information from GM. This company then performs outsourced actions and returns a data file to me with reports of how these actions were accomplished - e.g. whether there is ongoing interest, no interest, wrong number, etc.
I then import the updated information back into GM, but they provide the results to me in plain text so I have to convert them to match the values we use for KEY1. Here is my query:
IIF(TX->Disp="Automated Refusal".OR.TX->Disp="Do Not Call".OR.TX->Disp="Disconnect".OR.TX->Disp="Hang Up".OR.TX->DISP="Not Interested", "19INQC", TX->Disp="Fax/Modem".OR.TX->Disp="Language Barrier".OR.TX->Disp="Max Attempts".OR.TX->Disp="Not Available".OR.TX->Disp="Wrong Number", "10INQA", Tgt->KEY1))
KEY1 is supposed to be updated with these values (e.g. 19INQC), but if by chance there are records that don't match one of these values then I want to have GM keep its original value for KEY1 (thus, Tgt->KEY1).
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:49 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

Items:

1. Please confirm that TX is a dBase file, i.e. TX.DBF

2. What you have written is a dBase expression (specifically, a "literal" expression, because it would evaluate to a literal value, if it were correct). It is NOT a query. It is also syntactically incorrect.

3. I could correct the expression, but I think the better route is to tell you how I'd do this. Building long, complicated dBase expressions is sometimes necessary, but I avoid that whenever I can. Instead, I use GXTranslate. With it, each of those values you want to test for becomes an entry in a table, and one simple expression handles it all. If you need to add more possible valid values, just add them to the table. Take a look at the documentation for GXTranslate(), and if you need help with it, let me know.

4. When GXTranslate() finds no value, it returns a blank (this would be for your Import expression). Then, to ensure that only valid values are sent to TGT, you'd choose the Update button "GXI Field Filled". If you already have an Update expression, you'll need to clear it out before that button will work.

www.goldboxbob.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:09 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
davidshq
GoldMine Journeyman

1. TX.DBF is the name of the source dBase file.
2. Okay, I think I see what you are saying, though I'm not sure why it is syntactically incorrect?
3. I added the columns for GXTranslate and added the GXTranslate() function instead of the above.
I'll let you know how it works. Smile
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:16 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

2. You have a couple of values, but only one IIF() statement. You'd need another one, nested inside the first one.

Enjoy!

www.goldboxbob.com

Error: Alias not found: TGT
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox