A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 6 » Who would like to see GoldMine 6.7 Dbase upgrade?
Who would like to see GoldMine 6.7 Dbase upgrade?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
baseball
GoldMine Journeyman

I think it's time that Doug should step up to the plate and do an upgrade for GM 6.7 Dbase.
If you would purchase an upgrade, please indicate it here so Doug can start working on his retirement plan Wink

I'll start:

~ Avram Berman - I'm in!

(P.S. Doug, please consider making this a sticky in the Root of your Forum Index as well as for GM 6.0 stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:38 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

We are all working on our retirement plans but I do agree that this is Doug's forum. Laughing

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

I'm flattered but there are already a number of pretty viable upgrade paths out there for the single-user GoldMine 4/5/6 hold-out people. Off the top of my head:
1. Upgrade to the latest version of GoldMine Premium Edition 2014 and get all the features the big companies get for just $549. No maintenance, no minimums of anything.
2. RedHorse CRM. I don't sell it because I devote all my time to focusing on GoldMine and surrounding tech, but it's a good tool and Connie at RedHorse is good people. They know what GM users want/expect and it goes into their design. The last time I looked, they have options ranging from $350 to $650.

Beyond the existing options, there's the fact that for me to invest the considerable amount of time necessary to do such a thing correctly, I'd probably end up needing to price it similarly to the other options out there already. If price is the main hurdle stopping people from jumping on the existing options, there's not much reason to believe they'd be interested in paying similarly for something I put out there.

All that being said, you're not the first to suggest this to me. I've got one long-time client who insists that one day, he's going to hire me to write his perfect-world CRM system for mortgage brokers. He and I have implemented an impressive system with GoldMine, AP's, SQL triggers and my MailGo tool, but some of the database restrictions in GoldMine don't allow us to accomplish some of his wishes (at least without over-complicating things for his users.)

Maybe one day we'll make that a reality, but writing a general-use CRM tool is a huge undertaking, one that I honestly haven't got the bandwidth to tackle -- not without an influx of venture capital and a couple more developers at my disposal. If you've got a plan for that, I'm all ears! Very Happy

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Who would like to see GoldMine 6.7 Dbase upgrade?
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 6