A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » How to send emails on behalf of another user using GoldMine
How to send emails on behalf of another user using GoldMine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:02 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
denglish
n00b

I am trying to (re)configure Goldmine to send emails generated via an AP from one account which actually have a different return email address.
- ie I am trying to spoof an email from a different account.

The system was configured to do this by my predecessor and after numerous upgrades of Goldmine this 'feature' has stopped working and I have a lack of documentation on what he originally did, it's also possible that this was a 3rd party plugin but once again I have no documentation and cannot confirm this.

Here is an overview of what I would like to achieve.

Daniel (standard user) daniel@somewhere.com (SMTP, no pop)
Rachel (standard user) rachel@somewhere.com (SMTP, no pop)
Bob (web import user) bob@somewhere.com (SMTP, POP)

The Bob account is logged in and runs 24/7 it receives emails only - this is our web-import account. The web import will trigger an AP which will then perform an action of "E-mail message" for either Daniel or Rachel and queue this.

The Daniel & Rachel (sales people) accounts are not used - they are effectively dummy accounts with valid email addresses we want emails being sent from our system to have come from these users.

As Bob is logged in all the time, we would like this account to clear all queued emails for Daniel & Rachel as part of Bob's configured schedule which is running via a service agent.

If I log in as either Daniel or Rachel I can see the queued emails and I can send these successfully so the SMTP settings are correct.
- pop fails as expected because I have not configured the POP account for these users. As I write this though I just a thought - if receiving emails fails, would this then stop the whole process so the sending of emails never gets looked at? - I will test this and update when I have a result.

This request is similar to the Sending "spoofed" email using GoldMine AP's (which I couldn't get to work)

Meantime, it would be great if any other Goldmine Administrators or the like who have done things similar could advise on their approach or possibly can point out where I have gone astray.

Goldmine Premium Edition Version: 2015.2.0.183

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:35 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

As I mentioned in the other forum, check out my MailGo product as it may answer this and other requirements for you and decrease the number of kludges you need to build to accomplish these sorts of things with the base product.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:09 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
denglish
n00b

Thanks Doug, I am sure others that find this thread may benefit from your tool. For myself the solution I found is sufficient.
-------- Copy/Paste from my community.goldmine answer -------

So I have found a solution and annoyingly it is very simple. Of all the search phrases I tried in Google and all the people I have pestered about this "bug" no-one mentioned this one line in the ini file that looks like it does the job.

SendQueueFor=Daniel

Placing this in the INI file for Bob under [Internet] has sent my email as from Daniel !! W00t
I need to check if I can repeat this for Rachel too but so far so good.

I hope this helps anyone in the future attempting to do this!

When all else fails RTFM
GoldMine INI Settings

I also needed to have the SMTP settings configured for each user account - ie logged in as Daniel / Rachel. POP settings were not needed for these accounts for Bob to send emails as Daniel or Rachel

How to send emails on behalf of another user using GoldMine
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)