A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » Transferring SQL Database to a higher GMPE version
Transferring SQL Database to a higher GMPE version
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:28 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

A user in another state had their GM 6.7 upgraded to GMPE 2014.1 HF7 installed over a year ago but because the GM 6.7 data was not completely maintained (particularly large email issues).after being hosted, was working but not properly showing some of the large and email data. As a result, continued using the GM 6.7.

They finally need to get GM’s data into the 2014.1 GMPE because they are upgrading workstations so they will not be compatible with GM 6.7. I brought their current and large 6.7 data to my old XP Pro system and performed full maintenance to clean up their data and resolved some emails issues during maintenance. After successful cleanup and maintenance of their data, I successfully hosted their 6.7 data into a GMPE 900102. I then wanted to upgrade my GMPE 9.0 to 2014 in order to transfer their new upgraded database to their existing GMPE 2014.0.1 HF 7. However, I could not install the 2014.1 on my old XP Pro system because of compatibility issues.

I did copy the 9.0 SQL database to the 2014.1 to replace the original SQL database and it ran but did not show the latest data changes to include a new contact that I added. When I copied in the new low version SQL Database, if did not get upgraded to the latest GMPE version.

Question: What would be the best way to bring 9.0 data to an existing higher GMPE version?

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

Re: Transferring SQL Database to a higher GMPE version
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

bgannett wrote:
I did copy the 9.0 SQL database to the 2014.1 to replace the original SQL database and it ran but did not show the latest data changes to include a new contact that I added.

I'd stop right there and make sure I'm juggling the SQL databases correctly. GMPE 2014 should have seen the 9.0 database and upgraded it upon first login. If that didn't happen, My guess is that you're not really pointing at the SQL database restoration you think you are.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Transferring SQL Database to a higher GMPE version
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)