A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » Sort order on a GM report? Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
S_F
Experienced Miner

animattor wrote:

I followed Sebastian's suggestion and installed Crystal, and almost immediately, everything i've ever heard about Crystal was confirmed: it is powerful, flexible, and complicated!

You want to read the Documentation found on the Crystal Install-CD. It is very very usefull in order to use Crystal.

Read it - you will love it Very Happy

Greetings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:31 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

Also, Iain Wicks GoldMine Premium Administrator training CD covers the use of Crystal Reports. I found it very useful in giving me a kick start.

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:50 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I agree with DJ. Iains' "GoldMine-System Administrator" training CD is the best and only one of its kind. I have learned things from it that I have not been able to receive from any other source. It too has helped me to jump-start Crystal Reports.

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:13 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
animattor
GoldMine Apprentice

Well I thought I was making good headway in Crystal. I made a report on contact info, and I made a report on activities...but never the twain shall meet. as soon as I put a contact1 field in with the conthist fields, the data disappears from the report.

If this question is not proper for the forum, let me know and I'll retract it--does anyone have a crystal report with contact and history info (my idea is very similar to the default GM "Contact Profile" report) that I could dissect to try to get mine working? I've been looking at the sample reports in crystal, but they use different tables so the correlation is not direct.

I do appreciate the suggestion of resources, but I'm only going to be at this job two more weeks, and I'm just trying to get a couple of reports set up before I go, so I don't want to buy anything right now.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:14 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
S_F
Experienced Miner

Hi animattor.

I had the same problem when i started using Crystal.

Simple sollution:
when you create a blank reports - you will come to a screen where you see your GM tables with all their connections. You should choose only one (this is just for the report - the real indexes and connections wont be deleted). I suggest to choose the Accountnumberfield.

Greetings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:09 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
animattor
GoldMine Apprentice

HAHA! Brilliant, S_F. Works like a charm. That's the kind of thing that is never documented, yet leads to hours of frustration if you don't figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
animattor
GoldMine Apprentice

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I now have a report that displays the data I want, in the place I want it, in the order I want it.

BUT when I run it in Goldmine (if I set a group or filter for the report) it runs the WHOLE DATABASE in the report instead of my group/filter. Do i have to filter in Crystal for it to work correctly? Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Sorry. I just searched the old forum and realized that this is how Crystal works. Embarassed

P.S. Sorry for the gratuitous usage of smileys in this post.

Sort order on a GM report?
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)