You may have heard rumors that Frontrange has jettisoned the development team that’s been in place for the last couple of years. Those rumors are true. They have transitioned over to a new team and have hit the ground running with a clean release that addresses some key issues and adds some nice features. There’s nothing earth-shattering in this release, but there’s also nothing unfortunately mis-handled here either. Whether it deserves a major revision number increase is debatable. Some feel that jumping from 9.0.4 to 9.2 implies major changes. Maybe, maybe not. To me, the important thing to take away from this release is that this represents a smooth transition to this new development team and bodes well for future releases as these programmers sink their teeth into the code and really start examining all the suggestions flowing over at the uservoice site.
Enough talk. Check out the fixes list, below. If your pet peeve isn’t addressed, GoldMine has asked that you e-mail the details of your issue/request(s) to them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
From the official Release notes included with 9.2.59:
WHAT’S NEW IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 9.2
GoldMine Premium Edition now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google integrations are now provided through the GM+View tab. New GM+View templates are provided to use these integrations:
• Facebook Profile shows the Facebook profile page for a contact
• Facebook Company Search shows Facebook pages matching a contact’s company
• Facebook Contact Search shows Facebook profiles matching a contact’s name
• Google Company Search shows web search results for a contact’s name
• Google Contact Search shows web search results for a contact’s company
• Google Directions shows directions to the contact’s address from the address registered for the GoldMine license, shown at Help > Update GoldMine > Registration
• Google Map shows a map of the contact’s address
• LinkedIn Profile shows the LinkedIn profile page for a contact
• LinkedIn Company Search shows LinkedIn pages matching a contact’s company
• LinkedIn Contact Search shows LinkedIn pages matching a contact’s name
• Twitter Company Search shows Tweets with keywords matching a contact’s company
• Twitter Contact Search shows Tweets with keywords matching a contact’s name
• Twitter Profile shows the contact’s Twitter timeline
An Import feature is now available at Web > Setup GM+View > Import to enable the new GM+View templates to be added to an existing installation. These templates are available through Drivers and Downloads at www.frontrange.com/support. After a template has been imported, it will be available to users through the GM+View tab. If you do not see the GM+View tab under a contact record, go to Tools > Options > Record > Tabs and check “GM+View”. Then open a contact and click the down-arrow button that is on the row of tabs beneath the fields area, and select “GM+View”.
When viewing the GM+View tab, you can select a template using the drop-down list shown in the upper right corner of the tab area.
During the upgrade, the following new fields are added to the GoldMine database: UFACEBOOK, ULINKEDIN, and UTWITTER. These fields track the corresponding identifiers for contacts using each of these services. Administrators can add these fields to a contact fields view by right-clicking and selecting New Field, and then selecting one of these fields from the drop-down list.
• UFACEBOOK contains the Facebook username. To find the Facebook username for a contact, view the contact’s profile page in Facebook and copy the text displayed in the browser’s address bar after “www.facebook.com/”
• ULINKEDIN contains the LinkedIn ID. To find the LinkedIn ID for a contact, view the contact’s profile in LinkedIn and copy the number shown in the browser address bar after “id=”.
• UTWITTER contains the Twitter username, without the “@” symbol.
WHAT’S ENHANCED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 9.2
The edit screens for scheduled and completed activities now include a button that that enables the user to see Notes displayed in a larger, resizable window.
GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook now supports the use of a GoldMine database with a secondary contact set.
Outlook synchronization screens have been update to clarify the behavior when synchronizing activities within a date range and a contact filter or group.
WHAT’S FIXED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 9.2
- 163595 When adding Site to GoldSync Site Group, Sites (Sub-licenses) are not ordered alphabetically
- 163593 Times are always shown in 24 hour format, regardless of local time format option
- 163572 GoldMine License Manager does not order GoldSync Sites alphabetically
- 163291 If an Opportunity has a single associated pending Forecasted Sale, then update to Probability of one should automatically update Probability of other
- 162761 When NTLM authentication is selected, configuration screen incorrectly shows username and password fields
- 160828 E-mails with Base64 encoding are not displayed correctly when using Exchange
- 160473 Double-arrow button does not hide contact details when clicked
- 158960 To-do Reference column in Calendar week view does not show contact name
- 158956 Event date is not shown in Calendar week view
- 156623 GoldMine crashes upon launch via Terminal Services with KB2533623 installed on Windows Server 2008
- 154965 Body of e-mail is blank when auto-linking e-mail from Outlook 2010
- 154821 Performance issue in Outlook when there are many e-mail folders
- 152570 When performing a two-way sync with Outlook, calendar items linked to records with no contact name become unlinked in GoldMine and lose the company name in Outlook
- 150704 Linked Document move fails for mailbox attachments outside root directory
- 145929 New e-mails that are auto-retrieved to the Inbox will not display until user scrolls the screen
- 145920 Auto-retrieve in E-Mail Center reverts to default sort order by Date
- 145570 Merge and Edit will leave a copy of the template file in My Documents for the logged in user
- 145391 A field level conttlog is not created/updated if a user changes the data in the field but the lookup.ini instructions do not update the newly entered data.
- 143641 The Synchronization tab does not display in the Setup GoldMine Plus options for non-master users
- 122581 Option to use a later Start Time is not respected when executing Automated Processes
- 115324 Printing a document using a filter does not respect the sort order that is set in the filter
- 109845 Print merge order is inconsistent for large contact groups
- 108886 Export from Excel to GoldMine creates incorrect relationship trees
Note: GoldMine Premium Edition 9.2.0 also provides the fixes and enhancements included with GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.0, GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.1, GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.1 Hotfix 1, GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.2, GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.3, GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.4, and GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.4 Hotfix 1, listed elsewhere.
Feel free to contact Doug directly for more information about these patches — or GoldMine Premium Edition, in general!