A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » Crystal Reports » Crystal 9 Pro and Goldmine 6.7 dBase
Crystal 9 Pro and Goldmine 6.7 dBase
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:38 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
goodlookin1
GoldMine Apprentice

Hi,

I have already posted this on the Goldmine forums, but thought I might try my luck here too.

For whatever reason, I cannot get Crystal Reports viewer to properly connect to the report to run it from within Goldmine. I just did this the other day on a SQL backend and came across no issues. However, this installation is a dBase backend, therefore completely different. I have followed all step-by-step directions that I can find (Goldmine Help, online, etc), but still no dice.

What I have done thus far is this (this is all done on the GM Server, btw):

Created 3 ODBC Connections on the server: One for the GM root directory containing the users.dbf table, One for the GMBase tables and One for the contact set tables. I named them Goldmine, GMBase and BRMData, respectively. I then entered those names in the ODBC Connection properties on the Crystal Report inside GM. I also entered the correct GM username and password (has master rights) for each ODBC Connection entry. I couldnt figure out anything from here. The only thing I can think of that I might have incorrect is in each of the ODBC Connections on the System DSN tab, where there is a button that allows you to select the Indexes for each .dbf table. I didnt do anything under that section. Do I need to?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

GM Version 6.70.61214, dBase backend on Windows 2003 Server edition platform.

Crystal 9 Pro and Goldmine 6.7 dBase
  ContactReview Forum Index » Crystal Reports