A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » Real Estate » Mark status as "PL Listed" in Automated Process
Mark status as "PL Listed" in Automated Process
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:08 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
bob
n00b

What is (Mark status as "PL Listed") in the LST automated track? Where is this status at and what does it mean?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:29 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Automated processes are custom things and someone created that in your GoldMine.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:51 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
bob
n00b

Yes Doug thanks,

I'm quite familiar with AP's and I'm using the Real Estate template very extensively but I've never been able to figure out what this other action pertains to?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:09 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Oh! Sorry, my mistake, I didn't notice which board this was on. Mark ought to chime in any time now! Smile

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Re: Mark status as "PL Listed" in Automated Proces
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:45 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldMineRealEstate
GoldMine Journeyman

bob wrote:
What is (Mark status as "PL Listed") in the LST automated track? Where is this status at and what does it mean?

Hi Bob:

One of the strategies I teach in my GoldMine workshops to keep separate owner ("people record") and property/listing ("non-people record"). The reference for that AP event, “Mark status as "PL Listed” which would be assigned to the listing (non-people) record in GoldMine refers to reminding the user to mark the property record as currently listed. The data field and actual field entry used for this is up to the user, but I recommend the key1 (Contact Type) field be used for this.

The “PL Listed” reference is actually a particular strategy which coded the record as “PL” for “property or listing” and the “Listed” for the status as “Listed” meaning currently listed. This would allow a double-click on the Key1 field label (Contact Type) to display all property records together (sorted by the “PL…” in that field and the listings would like up together as would the “PL Sold” (sold listings), “PL Hold” (listings on hold), “PL Off” (off market listings), etc or other coding classifications. And you could edit the F2 lookup table for that field to accommodate those field values.

Because you are not likely to have a “PL(space)something-else” as a ‘people code’, this would keep the property records sorted together and apart from the ‘people records’ which you would identify with ‘people codes’ in the Key1 (Contact Type) field.

There is no need to follow our “PL..” coding system if you have a different one, but was one for example purposes.

I teach many other strategies and tips for maintaining and tracking client records and data for building a ongoing lead/referral resource. The “PL Listed” reference is one that carried over into the Listing Automated Process.

Hope this clarifies the matter for you.

Author of Official Handbook for GoldMine for Real Estate
GoldMine Training & Consulting
http://www.burrellgroup.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:03 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bob
n00b

Thanks for the explanation. I'm using your templates and bought your book. I'm trying to use your model but make a few tweaks to separate my residential from commercial business yet make sure I don't drop the ball on anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:55 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldMineRealEstate
GoldMine Journeyman

bob wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I'm using your templates and bought your book. I'm trying to use your model but make a few tweaks to separate my residential from commercial business yet make sure I don't drop the ball on anyone.

In my live webinar classes I teach and discuss multiple options for working with GoldMine and the Real Estate across multiple specialties. The good news is that GoldMine is very flexible and offers different alternatives to accomplishing your goals so you can find one you like the best.

Author of Official Handbook for GoldMine for Real Estate
GoldMine Training & Consulting
http://www.burrellgroup.com

Mark status as "PL Listed" in Automated Process
  ContactReview Forum Index » Real Estate