A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 6 » Date error message Goldmine 6.7 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
king123
Cuckoo for GoldMine Puffs

Nice find, it kind of works.. but there's an issue that the popup has a dynamic content(date eg 1/3/11) and tomorrow it will not work, unless you have "Always Click" checked, but if you have always click checked, you can not delete items in GM, eg Appts, because when you it prompts you to delete it has the same title "Goldmine" so it automatically clicks no.... Any ideas?

bgannett, i was able to set it up only on one machine and then i just copied over the config.
1. create new txt file
2. paste in:

Code:
WINDOWTITLE="GoldMine" BUTTONTEXT="&No" MSGTEXT="Please note that your computer's system date is erroneously set to 1/3/2011.\n\nGoldMine's synchronization may not function properly unless the system date is set correct.  Would you like to correct the system's date now?" BUTTONID="7" MSGID="65535" DLGID="0" CLKEVENT="1" CLKMETHOD="3" TIMESCLICKED="13" WAIT="0" BPOSX="0" BPOSY="0" ;

3. do right click on the black space on the program, import the list, import it and should work fine.

GoldMineDataDiva wrote:
it has been suggested to some that can't wait for FR to try ClickOff.
I installed and it works nicely.

The program is free and will get rid of annoying pop up boxes.

http://download.cnet.com/ClickOff/3000-2072_4-10041321.html

This would be installed on each user system.

To start the program after the install
Start
All Programs
ClickOff
ClickOff starten bxq, anseigen

Then open GoldMine and then choose Alt Cltr D to set the option.

This product ClickOff will auto start everytime you start your computer.

Date Error and ClickOff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:58 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
MarkThudium
n00b

I've installed ClickOff successfully on 3 XP machines and even one Win2k PC with success. However the instructions above aren't quite specific enough. I would suggest these minor modifications below.

The ClickOff program is free and will get rid of annoying pop up boxes.

http://download.cnet.com/ClickOff/3000-2072_4-10041321.html

ClickOff would need to be installed on each user system.

To start the program after the install
Start
All Programs
ClickOff
ClickOff starten bxq, anseigen

Then open GoldMine and when the window containing the date error message shows up, point your mouse on the 'No' button and press the ClickOff hotkey Ctrl+Alt+D

This product ClickOff will auto start every time you start your computer.

Date Error and ClickOff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:42 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
MarkThudium
n00b

I've done some initial testing and it appears that ClickOff supports wildcards.
Once you have set up ClickOff like it was discussed above, apply this edit.

1) Start the ClickOff Program
2) Click on 'GoldMine' and then the 'Advanced' button
3) In the 'Click of Test=' note section, edit the text to: Please note that your computer's system date is erroneously set to *.*
4) Ok, and test again.

This also works so far with some sync macros I've created. So it appears that this can work automatically when needed.

one solution - use a macro to close the screen down
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:52 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
ClareLondon
Obsessive GoldMiner

I've been using a utility program MACRO EXPRESS with Goldmine for years. That and Goldbox are indispensable. I couldn't and wouldn't use GoldMine without either program.

Macro Express (declare NO vested interest here, I'm just a normal user) - allows you to set up literally hundreds of macros at once using short key or hotkey combinations. You can make the macros program specific or global. You can edit them, set up scheduling, complex automations, use mouse movements, keyboard movements, menus of macros, floating macros, etc.

I use, for example, about 20 keystrokes which do one thing in GoldMine, a different thing in Dreamweaver and a third in Quickbooks. In fact, I use 230 macros in GoldMine alone. It's indispensible in GoldMine as there's so many occasions when I can open a particular screen in one keystroke rather than going through multiple mouse movements.

So for this date message business, I have set up a macro using the tiny 'backwards quote' key next to the number 1. When the message comes up, I hit that, the date message screen closes on 'No', the program opens and the GoldMine screen expands to full screen (I'm recorded a sequence of operations with one macro). It's instant, so the message isn't a problem for me.

Other ways I use it:

For example, in Details, when I want to fill in the INFO field, without Macro Express i would normally
(1) hit the space bar with my thumb
(2) hit the 'e' for Edit with my left middle finger
(3) pick up the mouse to click on INFO (of course you can just use the mouse for all of it, but it's fiddly).

Using MacroExpress, I've set up one keystroke ((using the backward stroke).which does all of the above in a fraction of the second. I also use other one-stroke macros to focus a specific field within INFO.

One way I expand the potential for one-keystroke stroke macros, in addition to the GM Fkeys which I reprogram within Macro Express to customise them for me) is to use normal alphabet letters on the keyboard in certain combinations which you'd never get in real life. So for example I use KJ for one a multiple key-stroke operation).

I routinely use the F4 key to close screens down, rather than its default use within GM, instead of using the mouse because it's quicker to keep the hands on the keys than pick up the mouse and shut a screen. Likewise opening screens to full size, which GM is sometimes a bit coy doing reliably.

On the fields screen, where I have a whole landscape of fields set up, I use the MINUS and PLUS signs on the number keypad (with the NUMLOCK always set to on). The MINUS moves the divider bar to the top of the screen to expand the FIELDS screen to maximum and the PLUS sign reverts to standard. This is way better than doing this with the mouse, where I find I sometime waver above or below the grab line before finding the right bit to drag up or down. That's kind of annoying as it takes a moment of concentration to get it right instantly, which is distracting from what you're doing. With it, I can just hit a key and it's instantly fully open.

I mention these navigational aspects because for me GoldMine has been a love-hate relationship because, although it's the best on the market for what it does at the price, it's clunky, very mousy and unreliable in the way it behaves physically.

MACRO EXPRESS is a dirt cheap program which I only had to buy ONCE about 10 years ago. The version I'm on is the Standard version Macro Express which has always worked without glitch and has been steadily improved in terms of features. It's one of the most customisable programs I've ever used. It's $39.95 and you can try it out for a month. You definitely can do everything you need to with the standard verision. Mind you, I haven't ever explored some of the more complex features as I'm too busy. Someone else might have a use for the PRO features.

Regarding automated processes no longer working overnight, I guess there's two options:

(a) leave the program running all night
(b) set up a macro as described above to shut down the message screen before launching the AP

Hope that helps. I've mentioned this before on this and other forums and have no idea if anyone follows through on it. But take it from an old GoldMine Grouch (any of the Bob's + Doug + DJ*) will vouch that I'm a grouch. - that using MacroExpress seriously reduces stress when using GM. Indeed, it is all round life-affirming stuff. You can get rid of acne using MacroExpress. You can reduce your fat intake using Macro Express. You can improve your relationships using MacroExpress. You can -

Okay, okay, enough already.

* Hello Boys xx

http://www.macros.com

Re: Date Error and ClickOff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Pbeland
n00b

MarkThudium wrote:

3) In the 'Click of Test=' note section, edit the text to: Please note that your computer's system date is erroneously set to *.*
4) Ok, and test again.

This also works so far with some sync macros I've created. So it appears that this can work automatically when needed.

Hello, i've test it this morning and it did not work.

I install ClickOff yesterday and it was working fine. this morning it did'nt work, so i made the change for *.*

Well still not working. this was tested on Windows 7.

Thank's

Regard's

Pierre Beland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:30 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
king123

Code:
WINDOWTITLE="GoldMine" BUTTONTEXT="&No" MSGTEXT="Please note that your computer's system date is erroneously set to *" BUTTONID="7" MSGID="65535" DLGID="0" CLKEVENT="2" CLKMETHOD="3" TIMESCLICKED="17" WAIT="0" BPOSX="0" BPOSY="0" ;

Works fine on XP/Win2k3

Re: Date Error and ClickOff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:05 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
ronanc
GoldMine Veteran

Pbeland wrote:
MarkThudium wrote:

4) Ok, and test again.

Hello, i've test it this morning and it did not work.

I install ClickOff yesterday and it was working fine. this morning it did'nt work, so i made the change for *.*

Well still not working. this was tested on Windows 7.

Thank's

Regard's

Pierre Beland

You need to quit and restart ClickOff for the change to take effect. Also, just put in a single asterisk, not "*.*".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I have a client who lost all the links (Paths to linked documents) in her Links tab. When she tried to relink a document, she got an error message mentioning an index problem with contusupp table. They then re-indexed and were able to re-link documents. All this happened once they started getting the date message yesterday (1/3/2011).

By default, all links are set to sync. Since the date problem mentions "synchornization", this raises a question.

Anyone else having problems with the links tab?

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 pm Points: 1 Reply with quote
GoldMineDataDiva
GoldMine Journeyman

it worked on mine. hum. also found this posted:
Here is another crazy fix from GoldMine forum: not verified but sounds reasonable: This is a very easy patch with any hex editor. Find a free hex editor ( I use HxD from http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD) Load GMW6.EXE and do a text search for 20101231 change the 2010 to 2020 and save the file. No more warning (at least until 2020! Of course, you should back up your GMW6.EXE file before editing.. and you do this at your own risk although it is very simple I am not responsible if you mess something up. And this also will not remedy any issues that may have been lurking that the developers felt they needed to warn against in the first place.. if there are any.

not sure I want to try this.
Jill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm Points: 1 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Good idea, Jill!

It seems to work nicely.

Here's a hacked version of the gmw6.exe for version 6.70.70226 ONLY.

Don't use it with any other version of GoldMine.

Insert universal disclaimer here...

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
ronanc
GoldMine Veteran

Works a charm!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:50 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
king123

So far so good!

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:56 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I have tested this with dBase, SQL, and Terminal Services: It is working like a charm. Thanks - Doug.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:37 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

AHarry Post in FrontRange Forum:

This is a very easy patch with any hex editor. Find a free hex editor ( I use HxD from http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD) Load GMW6.EXE and do a text search for 20101231 change the 2010 to 2020 and save the file. No more warning (at least until 2020!

Of course, you should back up your GMW6.EXE file before editing.. and you do this at your own risk although it is very simple I am not responsible if you mess something up.

And this also will not remedy any issues that may have been lurking that the developers felt they needed to warn against in the first place.. if there are any.

DJ Wrote:

This fix works in circumventing the immediate issue, however, I have yet to test it to see if there are any ramifications.

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I have tested it extensively and so far, no problems. Make sure you have current backups of the program and data just in case.

Date error message Goldmine 6.7
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 6