A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » Exporting Opportunities Data
Exporting Opportunities Data
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:24 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
koryb
n00b

I am trying to see how I can export opportunitiy data from Goldmine 6.7 in SQL.
I have looked and looked but don't see an option in Goldbox for exporting data from the Opportunity Manager Table. I tried using Mastermine but it doens't export the contacts email address with the report so that was a bust. The fields I am trying to get are below. Any help would be excellent.

Fields From The OppMgr Table
• Name company’s name.
• Value is the monetary amount for the opportunity if it becomes a sale.
• Probability is the percentage of probability the deal will become closed.
• UCampaign Campaign is the marketing initiative you would like to contribute the ROI to for the deal becoming won.
• Status can be either Opportunity Created, Opportunity Won, or Opportunity Lost.
• Type information about the deal and what they are purchasing.(EZCM, RAPID Doc, etc.)
• Stage if we could pick up funnel status here would work well
• Email

Thanks,

Kory

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:16 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

GoldBox does not have a dedicated export for the OpMgr table. And frankly, GoldMine has neglected this feature in many ways.

You are apparently using at least one User-Defined field in the OpMgr table. Some of your descriptions are vague, though; in order to help, I'd need to be able to identify the specific field involved with each of your items. In some cases I think I know exactly what you mean, but in many cases not,

I recommend that you use GoldBox to run an all field query of the table. Then, while the result set is open, click the GXBrowser Optioins drop-down, and select Table Structure. The display that appears can be transferred to Notepad for study,. All the data in the OpMgr table (and its related tables, if needed) can be queried by GoldBox, whick is convenient because GoldBox queries automatically end up as a dBase file called THEQUERY.DBF. This can be renamed for convenience, Repetitive needs can be automated (ask if interested).

Fields from other tables (like the Company field in Contact1) can easily be included in queries. So, while there is no dedicated export, it's also true that there is no data you might need that cannot be accessed by GoldBox.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

Exporting Opportunities Data
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox