A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine Legacy » GM 5.7 SQL - SQL query queston
GM 5.7 SQL - SQL query queston
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:12 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
norbus77
n00b

When we "Complete a Forecasted Sale", the only place we can put the order number is in the text box. Anyone know how we can pull the contents of that box into an SQL query? I'm not even sure where that is in the data structure. TIA!

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
ronanc
GoldMine Veteran

I presume you mean into the notes box? That field is conthist.notes. Its not always possible to read the contents of that field as part of a SQL query (it is just a block of text so it doesnt read too well in the results of a query, and also if you have HTML notes turned on it will not come out in a readable format). Best thing I can say is try to add conthist.notes to the query and see what it comes out like. You can then try to tweak it as necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:42 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Similarly, I stick some info in the notes field of my own completed sales. I use the following query to review sales between a specific date range:

Code:
select conthist.ondate, conthist.duration, conthist.ref, conthist.notes, contact1.company, contact1.city from conthist, contact1 where contact1.accountno=conthist.accountno and conthist.srectype='S' and conthist.accountno in (select accountno from contact1 where state='CA') and actvcode='SFW' and resultcode='PAY' and (ondate>='01/01/2010' and ondate <='12/31/2010') order by conthist.ondate asc

Note that I'm also filtering for the activity code, result code and state in the query. Adjust as needed.

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

GM 5.7 SQL - SQL query queston
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine Legacy