A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine Coders » Goldmine History notes not saving to record
Goldmine History notes not saving to record
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:35 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
andyb
n00b

We seem to be having an issue recently regarding completed history notes not syncing to the contact record.

What I mean is, if i complete an unscheduled call, and write all the notes from that call into the box then hit OK, that unscheduled call and all it's notes does not appear in the history tab.

You can go to another record and go back again but it's still not there. This issue doesn't happen all the time though and seems to happen at least once a day (usually half way through the day, but not at any specific time).

If this issue happens we have to close Goldmine, re open it and then retype all the notes from the unscheduled call and usually it'll work fine until the next time.

I am more inclined to think that this is an issue with the SQL database more than Goldmine itself or the server, could this be permission related or something?

Any clue in the right direction would be much appreciated Smile

Thanks guys!

Andrew

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

yeah, I'd agree that you're probably losing connection to your SQL database after some level of inactivity or similar and the note is being sent to a dead-end, basically.

What sort of setup do you have there? Are you using SQL Express? How many users? What version of GoldMine?

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Goldmine History notes not saving to record
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine Coders