A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » Importing Contacts & Opportunities from another CRM app
Importing Contacts & Opportunities from another CRM app
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:06 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Tornado_rs
n00b

Hi we have Contact record and Opportunity data from another CRM application saved in an excel spreadsheet that we wish to import into our Goldmine 6.7 Corporate Edition using Goldbox SQL Professional Edition.

So far we have imported the contacts list into Goldmine with a unique key value field ( from the original CRM system) imported into a Goldmine custom field (UCRMID). - We had to do this as the unique key is bigger than any of the available Goldmine Indexed fields.

Now we are trying to import the list of Opportunities from the excel spreadsheet ( which have the corresponding Unique key in one of the columns to allow matching to the imported contact records)

However we are struggling to understand how we should configure the Goldbox import screen (screen with the Source,Target and Parent section) to get the incoming Opportunities to match and link against the imported Contacts.

We have Entered into the PARENT\Custom Match Tgt->UCRMID

However if we then click on MAP TO button we get the message -
"You must designate SOURCE fields expression to find a MATCH in MAIN CONTACTS"

When we then click on PARENT\ SOURCE EXPRESSION we are presented with a list of PROJECT fields and it is unclear what needs to be set as the expression to allow us to continue with the field mapping.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldBoxGodfather
Experienced Miner

This would be the field from the Source table with Opportunities that matches the value in the UCRMID field in GoldMine's CONTACT2 table.

Dave Petonic
Redstone SoftBase Company
www.redstonesoftbase.com
redstone@earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:15 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Tornado_rs
n00b

GoldBoxGodfather wrote:
This would be the field from the Source table with Opportunities that matches the value in the UCRMID field in GoldMine's CONTACT2 table.

Hi Dave Thanks for the response. That was what I thought it should be but when I click on the Source Expression button I do not get a list of fields from the external DBF file that has the Opportunity data and unique value it. It is a list of fields labeled from a Projects Table and it is not obvious what the syntax or value should be from what is presented on the screen.

Should I be getting presented with a list of project fields at this point and if so how do I relate the expression to the source field?

Thanks again for any input.

Importing Contacts & Opportunities from another CRM app
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox