A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » Global Replace to trigger the Lookup.ini
Global Replace to trigger the Lookup.ini
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:03 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Tech
n00b

We've got a number of imports where we use a fairly complex expression to determine the contents of a field imported to GoldMine (usually the Key fields). We also use some of these fields to help determine a sales territory. Fields l like State and 3 of the 5 key fields. Key5 is my Sales Territory field that I'm trying to update via the Lookup.ini. I decided it would be easier to setup an automated Q-file setup that runs the import in then runs a global replace that evaluates the Lookup.ini for these fields and in return populates the Sales Territory field with the correct sales person. Dave's instructions on the Global Replace feature might be a little lacking (or I'm lacking in brain power- more likely) so I'm needing a little help moving in the right direction. Here's what I've done. I made sure all fields listed in the Lookup.ini file include either contact1-> or contact2->. I appended my Lookup.ini file for use with GoldBox. When running the append Dave's directions say to leave options 3 blank if you are using it with a Global Replace (so I did that). This is the point where I think I'm getting lost. I select Setup->Global Replace. Once in the Global Replace dialog I select Replace #1 and enter Tgt->State. For the Global Replace expression I'm entering
LookupINI("KEY5", "Tgt->State") and I'm getting no returned result. Can you tell me what I might be missing. I'm wanting trigger State, Key1 and Key2 to determine a result in Key5 but I'm not having any luck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:41 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldBoxGodfather
Experienced Miner

Not sure - but maybe in GoldMine's Lookup.ini file, you don't have the file pointer in front of those fields for expressions. In GoldMine, you don't need that. In GoldBox's usage of Lookup.ini, you do. So if you have Key5 in an expression in Lookup.ini, you'd have to change that to Contact1->Key5 and the same for udef fields. Then run your convert to the Lookup ini table again, and then your procedures.

Lookup.ini functionality is something I wish I'd never programmed into GoldBox, because it is fraught with problems. I'd pull it if I could. It relies upon an unformatted text file and that is never a good thing.

The translation logic in GoldBox is far superior to anything GoldMine has. Take a look at the GXTranslate() function for further info in the F1 help.

Dave Petonic
Redstone SoftBase Company
www.redstonesoftbase.com
redstone@earthlink.net

Global Replace triggering the Lookup.ini
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Tech
n00b

Thanks for your response Deave. I did add contact1-> and contact2-> to my lookup.ini.

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:15 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Paul Laufer
GoldBox Guru

LookupINI("KEY5", "Tgt->State")

Wouldn't you normally use the state field in the first and second paramenter?

Global Replace to trigger the Lookup.ini
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox