A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » GoldBox Merge/Purge Contacts
GoldBox Merge/Purge Contacts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
Max Tyack
GoldMine Apprentice

Is the "Field differences to Survivor History" option disabled while using Merge/Purge in Manual Mode?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldBoxGodfather
Experienced Miner

That is the Add Field To Archive List, explanation in F1 Help panel.

Manual Mode assumes very little, which is why a lot of folks use Batch Mode for a whole lot of Dupes.

Dave Petonic
Redstone SoftBase Company
www.redstonesoftbase.com
redstone@earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Max Tyack
GoldMine Apprentice

Let me re-ask the question so you know where I am coming from...
I have a customer on GX7 and I configured for them a Merge/Purge setup which they ran in Manual Mode. And they said that no History records were created containing the Field Differences, even though this option was turned on in the GX setup. Can you think of something that could cause this? The customer says there were field differences on merged records. thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:10 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

I know this is a bit late, but for the record, I never use the Manual Mode of GoldBox's Merge-Purge. I stopped years ago when I realized I could not determine which of two records would be the Survivor. For that reason, I wasn't even aware of this other issue.

Instead, I use the Merge-Purge Primer Table. I first run it in Count w/Preview Mode. This gives me a chance to review every match found (within Dupe Groups). So, I can critique my matching expression. The Primer table also includes a lot of information about each record, which helps in that regard. Also, with the Primer Table open above GoldMine, .clicking on a record within the Primer Table pulls that record up in GoldMine, so I can see everything.

The Primer Table also contains a way to change which record within a Dupe Group will be the Survivor. And it includes a way to drop individual records (or an entire Dupe Group) from consideration by the Merge-Purge, for any reason. You do these markups within the Primer Table, and activate them by applying a couple of special functions before running the Merge-Purge in Batch (for-real) Mode. You can close the Primer Table as often as you like while evaluating, before running in Batch Mode. So, if you have lots of Dupes, you can take all the time you need to evaluate.

I've done well over a hundred of these M-Ps, and they work beautifully. I won't do a GoldMine Merge/.Purge, and I won't do a GoldBox Manual Mode Merge-Purge. Oh, and yes, Field Differences to Survivor History does work in Batch Mode, as well as the other features, also.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

GoldBox Merge/Purge Contacts
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox