A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » OmniRush EOL and now GoldBox no Support?
OmniRush EOL and now GoldBox no Support?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
automationstation
Sensei of the GoldMine

OmniRush EOL and now GoldBox no Support?... not really good news. Anyone have an alternative for FaxRush?

Phone: (651)248-3191

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

With the DNF laws in place, I don't know of anyone that is willing to go down this road. E-mailRush will be missed however.

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

We have clients who use FaxRush as part of their automated processes to fax financial planning information to their clients. We too are now looking for an acceptable alternative. I suspect that because of the DNF laws, software developers may not go through the expense of developing a faxing package.

*** Providing AFFORDABLE GoldMine Supportsince 1990

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
schorn
n00b

I would like to sunset faxing for my business and use email exclusively, unfortunately, I don't think the rest of the business world is ready for that. So I was researching online fax services. Most of our faxes are one off and usually what is being worked on currently on the desktop. No broadcast faxing using faxrush. Most contacts have email and broadcast docs or messages are sent via emailrush.

It appears that the online fax services could provide a simpler methodology to faxing with goldmine. However, there is not inegration for any online services that I investigated. There is plenty of integration with outlook. I am wondering if anyone has programmed an interface to any online service or if anyone is interested in programming one. There appears to be SDKs or APIs for most of the services.

I am not a programmer but it would appear not to be terribly difficult to retrieve fax numbers from GM and create a history record with an attached document.

Last edited by schorn on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:39 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

Tom - some comments. While the use of faxing for marketing purposes has been replaced by email, there are business people out there who would rather receive business related information via fax as opposed to email.

I have been using online faxing services for quite some time and it has worked very well for individual faxes. I am working on another faxing solution this weekend which I will share with you late Monday or early Tuesday.

Have a great holiday.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:22 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
schorn
n00b

Bob, I agree. We don't market by fax either. I look forward to hearing from you.

omnirush
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:50 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
speed
n00b

i am desperately looking for an omnirush 9 license. it is no longer available and i dont know where to turn. im hoping someone here might know of someone who has one that they might not be using. thanks

OR/Goldbix
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
ssimpson
GoldMine Journeyman

We switched to myfax.com when we moved to V9. We use it in conjunction with KnowledgeSync. Myfax works as a email to internet fax solution so we wimply set up the proper email addresses such as 2035555555@myfax.com and when they fire an email to that email address, it faxes. Works very well for us.

Susan Simpson
Enefco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

MailGo 1.0 is a live product that I've created and it is now in place with multiple of my clients. I'm currently working on documentation, but, in short, it is an EmailRush replacement. I have no faxing support built in, but as Susan mentions, a number of online faxing solutions can be utilized via e-mail and MailGo doesn't necessarily need to have anything built-in to support it if one can e-mail template text to a properly formatted e-mail address and have it faxed by the service. I'm open to requests for specific fax service integrations, as needed, but at the moment, I'm still adding features from the long wish-lists I've received from EmailRush clients over the years.

More info about MailGo is forthcoming as I will get a web page, documentation, etc. put together for it soon!

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
bgannett
GoldMine Guru

I have been using "myfax" for quite some time and am very satisfied with it. I do not need to use any other 3rd party product (like KnowledgeSync) for my basic faxing requirements.

I will be interested in Doug's solution when it become available.

OmniRush EOL and now GoldBox no Support?
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)