A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition) » Menu Items Missing
Menu Items Missing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:32 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
nwestwood
n00b

We are running version 2014.1.0.485
I am the administrator with master rights, all menu items are marked as being available to me. Recently several menu options have stopped appearing on my menus specifically the "Tools" Users, Users Settings, Data management menu (except for Creating Default Relationship Trees).

I can log in as the administrator and all options appear. Nothing appears to be changed with my rights and settings. I've tried logging in on other computers and its missing there as well, so its not a local config issue.

We have not upgraded recently or made any changes, one week I can merge tagged records and modify user settings, then next week the menu options are gone, as if I've lost all rights, but logging in as admin and checking, it still shows I have master rights and all menu options green.

I'm at a loose to find out what has changed.

Anyone experienced this before?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:58 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

Look in your options on the System tab, are you set to 'use classic goldmine menu' ?

GoldMine Sales and Support:
http://www.castellcomputers.com/
office: (310)601-4738
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
nwestwood
n00b

No, classic menu is not checked.

However, I checked it, and then in the old tools menu I have the ability to merge records. Uncheck it, and the merge option disaapears from new menu system. Under Data Management I have only one choice "Create Default Relationship Trees.

At least I can switch to classic and get it done, but seems that I have found a bug.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

sounds like there's probably a big mess in your neal.ini file, if I had to guess. Look for sections in there with the word TOOL in them (such as [TOOLBAR] and [TOOL16] and so on) and delete them and see if it does some good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
nwestwood
n00b

definitely an issue, [TOOL16] section shows about 16 times in the INI, I deleted all the sections plus [TOOLBAR] section and it did fix it. But I'm assuming I probably should delete the entire INI given that there are many other sections also duplicated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DougCastell
GoldMine Guru

yep, probably so. You may want to copy/set-aside your [internet] section to preserve your e-mail settings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
DJ
GoldMine Guru

I have to agree with Doug on this one. If you save your [INTERNET] section then you will not lose your GoldMine E-Mail's Settings. Now you can delete the old UserID.ini, you can start fresh with a new UserID.ini, and then copy year old Internet Settings back in. Doing it this way you will not lose your entire Options unless you have a lot of customized INI inserts.

Phone: (978)342-3333
Email: DJ@DJHunt.US

GoldMine Premium - The Defintive Guide
One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )
www.DJHunt.US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Menu Items Missing
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldMine 8 - 2019 (Premium Edition)