A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » Record Locking
Record Locking
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:16 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
radioflyer
GoldMine Journeyman

I have two sets of GoldBox SQL Pro procedures running on a system with GoldMine 6.70.50123 on a SQL 2000 back end. They are scheduled to run about two hours apart. The first set runs fine: it searches for some records, exports them and reimports them (essentially putting pending items in the history). The second keeps freezing, saying records are locked.

We've checked repeatedly for locked records in the system. There don't seem to be any open processes to kill in SQL. All users are forced out of GoldMine long before either procedure runs, we had a web import that we shut off. We even shut off the service. It runs before the backup procedures. The only thing we haven't been able to rule out is does GoldBox possibly lock records when running a Q-File?

I've rebuilt the Q-files from scratch, just to make sure there wasn't any corruption, but - frankly - I am stumped as to what could be locking records in the CAL table. If anyone has any suggestions as to troubleshooting, or if GoldBox has a command that makes sure a Q-File has ended and all connections to the SQL database have been closed down, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:24 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

Bob, this is highly technical, obviously. You definitely need to talk with Dave Petonic about this. However, I've probably created as many Q-files as anyone, and I don't believe I've ever run into this, exactly.

But the first thing that leaped to my mind was FaxRush. Or any other 3rd party that accesses the Cal table. So I'd eliminate that before calling Dave. But he's the only person who knows GoldBox as intimately as your questions require.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

Record Locking
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox