A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » goldbox integrating goldmine and quickbooks
goldbox integrating goldmine and quickbooks
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:04 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
unaclancy
GoldMine Journeyman

Hello,

I would be externally grateful if you could check out my email and see could Goldbox do all of this or not or have any of you tried to do something that integrates golmdine to Quickbooks.

Here is the process

They are architects and the business revolves around jobs

I am thinking of setting up each job as a record and linking in any contacts to it via the org tree.

1) Admin create a job (this will be a goldmine record)
2) Engineers, drafts people complete appt with the duration of time spent against the job.
3) Each worker has special cost and charge out rates so if engineer a does some work we need to be able to see how many hours he did against a job and what the charge was. (would this be a gxtranslate table?)
4) We need to be able to pull all active jobs who has worked on them(completed appts)and total hours and probably total cost based on who did the work to excel
5) They then send the list to the job captain who says charge for these ones and not these etc.
6) They create invoices in QB and would like to track in goldmine which appt are charged for against what invoice so to have some indication against them so the invoice number in the completed appt.
7) We would also need a report of work in progress work completed but not yet billed/invoiced in goldmine.
Cool I would also like it to be able to create a detail record showing the invoice number and status amt owed date etc.

any feedback would be good
Thanks very much
Una

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:11 am Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

Una, you are asking for a consulting job at no charge, and I'm not going to do it.

I will tell you that you should be looking at Opportunities or Projects. The problem with using Contact records for jobs; and OrgCharts to connect everybody; is that you will end up with the OrgChart graphical area cluttered by multiple OrgCharts. Certain people will end up involved with many of your jobs, and you'll end up spending more time trying to keep up with your current OrgChart than it's worth. Referrals would be OK for that, but I will NOT discuss how to Import Referrals. In fact, I wouldn't discuss that even if you paid me; too messy. Thus, my recommendation that you go with Opps or Projects.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:54 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
unaclancy
GoldMine Journeyman

No problem Bob,

I have thought of Projects or Opportunities. Thanks for taking the time out to help me anyhow and giving me the tips.

Thanks
Una

goldbox integrating goldmine and quickbooks
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox