A GoldMine Discussion and Support Community

ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox » Zipcode / Postcode Lookup Delete
Zipcode / Postcode Lookup Delete
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:26 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Esmond
n00b

Hi Bob!

I'm trying to clean out the zip code lookups but seem to be having some problems!

I'm running latest GoldBox on version 7.5 of GM.

I've tried using the LOOKUP Lists Manager to delete the lookup - but it doesn't seem to delete. I tested it on another lookup and it worked fine.

Thanks,

Esmond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:40 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

Sorry, but I'm just not clear on what you are trying to accomplish. The Zipcode Lookups in GoldMine can generally be described as Lookup table entries that that have the Zip Code value in the Fieldname field (preceded by the pipe character); the State or Province value in the Lookupsupp field; and the City value in the Entry field. Typically there are hundreds to as many as 40+ thousand of these entries.

Given that, what is it that you want to do to these entries?

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:02 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Esmond
n00b

Sorry for being unlear.

Basically I need to delete all the values in the Zipcode lookup. The deletion needs to be syncaware as the site syncs. I was therefore hoping for a solution within trusty old GoldBox!

Thanks,

Esmond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:12 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
GoldBoxGodfather
Experienced Miner

Esmond wrote:
Sorry for being unlear.

Basically I need to delete all the values in the Zipcode lookup. The deletion needs to be syncaware as the site syncs. I was therefore hoping for a solution within trusty old GoldBox!

Thanks,

Esmond

Sync aware deletion of Lookups (because it is so rare when NOT via the Lookup List Manager) is part of the Quick-Delete logic of GoldBox.

1. Export the RECID of all Zip Codes. Easiest way is to use the QUERY menu option in GoldBox-7 and query the LOOKUP table. Query example:

SELECT FIELDNAME, RECID FROM LOOKUP WHERE FIELDNAME LIKE '|%' ORDER BY FIELDNAME

Click the RESULT button, and that will automatically convert your query result to the dBase table THEQUERY.DBF.

You can use that as the SOURCE to do the Quick-Delete. Go to the Import/UPdate wizard, Create a New setup, and you'll see it in the tree menu at the Target screen of the wizard - last entry of the tree.

Quick-Delete is a RECID-based deletion that is run through Import/Update because the Source/Target logic is already there, and the matching.

Dave Petonic
Redstone SoftBase Company
www.redstonesoftbase.com
redstone@earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
BobTaylor
GoldBox Guru

Thanks for the help, Dave.

www.goldboxbob.com
Consulting with GoldBox and GoldMine since 1997.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:07 pm Points: 0 Reply with quote
Esmond
n00b

GoldBoxGodfather wrote:
Esmond wrote:
Sorry for being unlear.

Thanks,

Esmond

Sync aware deletion of Lookups (because it is so rare when NOT via the Lookup List Manager) is part of the Quick-Delete logic of GoldBox.

1. Export the RECID of all Zip Codes. Easiest way is to use the QUERY menu option in GoldBox-7 and query the LOOKUP table. Query example:

SELECT FIELDNAME, RECID FROM LOOKUP WHERE FIELDNAME LIKE '|%' ORDER BY FIELDNAME

Click the RESULT button, and that will automatically convert your query result to the dBase table THEQUERY.DBF.

You can use that as the SOURCE to do the Quick-Delete. Go to the Import/UPdate wizard, Create a New setup, and you'll see it in the tree menu at the Target screen of the wizard - last entry of the tree.

Quick-Delete is a RECID-based deletion that is run through Import/Update because the Source/Target logic is already there, and the matching.

Thanks Heaps Dave,

Sorry for the delay in getting bac to you. It worked a treat

Thanks again,

Esmond

Zipcode / Postcode Lookup Delete
  ContactReview Forum Index » GoldBox